Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 with estuary. Edit shutdown menu/options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found the information in the past after hours long of googling and managed to edit some file (for version 17.6).
Where do I edit the power options/shutdown menu so when I press it it simply quits the app?
(using the Kodi app on windows, not the windows 10 store app)
(2021-02-28, 14:00)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I edit the power options/shutdown menu so when I press it it simply quits the app?

Try the DialogButtonMenu.xml file.
Make a backup of that file before you start hacking/editing.
(2021-02-28, 14:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]DialogButtonMenu.xml

Can you remind me where the files are?
I believe they were in %programdata% somewhere (or %localappdata% ?)
(2021-02-28, 14:23)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]Can you remind me where the files are?

I'm not a Windows guy, but as Estuary is a system skin, it's probably close to the kodi.exe program.
You could use the search option in Windows and look for the xml file.
(2021-02-28, 14:30)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 14:23)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]Can you remind me where the files are?

I'm not a Windows guy, but as Estuary is a system skin, it's probably close to the kodi.exe program.
You could use the search option in Windows and look for the xml file.

I did, several times
(2021-02-28, 14:00)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]I've found the information in the past after hours long of googling and managed to edit some file (for version 17.6).
Where do I edit the power options/shutdown menu so when I press it it simply quits the app?

I haven't looked in the matrix version , but in Leia it is in "home.xml" around line 1014 or that area, Change it from "ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)" to something like "Quit()"
(2021-02-28, 18:21)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 14:00)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]I've found the information in the past after hours long of googling and managed to edit some file (for version 17.6).

I haven't looked in the matrix version , but in Leia it is in "home.xml" around line 1014 or that area, Change it from "ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)" to something like "Quit()"
Yes, that's what I did in the previous version. Took me ages to find the exact information.
But I need the information on the new version, Matrix
(2021-02-28, 18:24)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, that's what I did in the previous version. Took me ages to find the exact information.
OK I looked for you , home.xml , line 1056

Where's the file at?
(2021-02-28, 18:38)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:21)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't looked in the matrix version , but in Leia it is in "home.xml" around line 1014 or that area, Change it from "ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)" to something like "Quit()"

Where's the file at?
what OS are you on ? the file is in the skin folder in xml folder
(2021-02-28, 18:51)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:38)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:24)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's what I did in the previous version. Took me ages to find the exact information.

Where's the file at?
windows 10
(2021-02-28, 19:37)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:51)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:38)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the file at?
windows 10
open internet explorer , open "my pc" the C drive then program files , open kodi then addons , copy estuary skin folder . now go back to c dive , open user, then your username , then app_data, then roaming , open kodi , open addons , paste the skin folder , then open it, open xml. open home.xml and edit the line I posted in previous post.
(2021-02-28, 20:05)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 19:37)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 18:51)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]what OS are you on ? the file is in the skin folder in xml folder
windows 10
open internet explorer , open "my pc" the C drive then program files , open kodi then addons , copy estuary skin folder . now go back to c drive , open user, then your username , then app_data, then roaming , open kodi , open addons , paste the skin folder , then open it, open xml. open home.xml and edit the line I posted in previous post.
(2021-02-28, 20:09)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 20:05)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 19:37)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]windows 10
open internet explorer , open "my pc" the C drive then program files , open kodi then addons , copy estuary skin folder . now go back to c drive , open user, then your username , then app_data, then roaming , open kodi , open addons , paste the skin folder , then open it, open xml. open home.xml and edit the line I posted in previous post.
Thanks!
I'll summerize it here in case someone stamble with google search on it

On windows with the app (not from the windows store) copy the skin folder from: c:\program files (x86)\Kodi 19\addons\skin.estuary
to: %appdata%\Kodi\addons

go to %appdata%\kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml
(create a backup copy of home.xml)
Line 1056 on that file (on notepad click on view -> status bar) would say this:
                        <param name="onclick" value="ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)" />
Change to:
                        <param name="onclick" value="Quit()" />
(2021-02-28, 20:29)Shachar2like Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 20:09)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 20:05)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]open internet explorer , open "my pc" the C drive then program files , open kodi then addons , copy estuary skin folder . now go back to c drive , open user, then your username , then app_data, then roaming , open kodi , open addons , paste the skin folder , then open it, open xml. open home.xml and edit the line I posted in previous post.
Thanks!

On windows with the app (not from the windows store) copy the skin folder from: c:\program files (x86)\Kodi 19\addons\skin.estuary

Change to:

DialogButtonMenu.xml is on the same location if you would like to edit it

On windows with the app (not from the windows store)
copy the skin folder

Change to: