Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed with Kodi 19 Matrix Estuary skin TV and Radio menu options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help needed with Kodi 19 Matrix Estuary skin TV and Radio menu options.

I have just upgraded to Kodi 19 Matrix (running on Manjaro) using TVHeadend PVR backend for live TV and radio channels with Estuary (version 3.0.5) skin. 

On the TV and Radio categories menubar, I only want to see the Channels, Guide and Recordings options. I don't want to see the Timers, Timer Rules or Search menu options. 

On Kodi 18 Leia, I could simply comment out these options in the includes_home.xml file (lines 439-453). On Kodi 19 Matrix, I can seem to find where the menus are defined despite having searched all of the .xml files.

Any help or pointers to the correct file or an explanation of how these menus are generated would be very useful.
Not possible anymore just by commenting something out as the PVR core in v19 decides dynamically which buttons to display, according to the actual PVR backend capabilities - e.g. no timers if the backend does not support recordings.

If you want to control this manually, you could use the respective XML snippets from v18. Those do still work.
(2021-03-01, 20:35)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible anymore just by commenting something out as the PVR core in v19 decides dynamically which buttons to display, according to the actual PVR backend capabilities - e.g. no timers if the backend does not support recordings.

If you want to control this manually, you could use the respective XML snippets from v18. Those do still work.
Many thanks for the prompt response, explains why I couldn't find a way to modify. I'll see if I can port the code from Estuary V18 and get it working.
This is where it was changed https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17900 so that may help you reverse the change for your install.
In the process of trying to modify the skin I discovered that the number of PVR menu items displayed can be restricted. For my needs, I only need to see the first three entries (I use the side blade entries if I do need to see timers or search). 

In the home.xml file, I have located the section for the PVR TV (<control type="group" id="12000">) and the menu widget code (<param name="list_id" value="12900"/>). Immediately underneath I have inserted the line

<param name="item_limit" value="3"/>                            

I've done the same for the PVR Radio (<control type="group" id="13000">) widget code (<param name="list_id" value="13900"/>).

Now I only see menu options for Channels, Guide and Recordings which is perfect. I can alter even further by using a value of 2 to also hide the Recordings menu option or 4 to include the Timers menu option.

So, problem solved and all is good.