Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI causing Windows 10 to go to sleep randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.
I am running Windows 10 on a gaming laptop. KODI was working fine until yesterday when it started shutting down Windows randomly.
I changed builds 2x to no avail. I also deleted KODI 18.7 and installed KODI 18.9 with no build on it and it's still putting Windows to sleep randomly. The "putting to sleep" ONLY occurs when KODI is running.
Can someone please help?
The KODI log from my system can be found here: http://paste.kodi.tv/fuqojagifi
Thanks in advance for your help.
suddsdriller
(2021-03-02, 15:49)suddsdriller Wrote: [ -> ]I changed builds 2x to no avail.

FYI: Kodi setups with 'builds', 'wizards', 'forks' or add-ons that facilitate video piracy in any way, will receive no support on this forum as per our forum rules (wiki) and our piracy policy (wiki).

Your log file is not helpful for 2 reasons:
- 2021-03-02 09:16:59.889 T:21060 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0. Debugging is not enabled.
- No video was played or any other process was busy at the time of the log. Kodi is running but it is idling, which is no reason to keep the screensaver from kicking in. Also, what are Kodi's internal screensaver settings?
(2021-03-02, 16:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

FYI: Kodi setups with 'builds', 'wizards', 'forks' or add-ons that facilitate video piracy in any way, will receive no support on this forum as per our forum rules (wiki) and our piracy policy (wiki).

- 2021-03-02 09:16:59.889 T:21060 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0. Debugging is not enabled.
- No video was played or any other process was busy at the time of the log. Kodi is running but it is idling, which is no reason to keep the screensaver from kicking in. Also, what are Kodi's internal screensaver settings?
Thanks for your response.
The point I am trying to make is that the mere running of KODI is causing the computer to go to sleep. This has nothing to do with any build or addon...I'm talking about a bare-bones installation of KODI here. I don't even have to play a video before the computer just goes to sleep and it only happens with KODI running.
I did notice that the screensaver was set to 3 minutes for some reason on this new installation of 18.9, but the "going into sleep mode" was happening to previous builds where the screensaver was disabled entirely.
I have just disabled the screensaver on this current installation and I am letting KODI run with the debugger on to see if/when it crashes again. I will let you know what happens after 30mins to 1hr.
Thanks again.
suddsdsriller
(2021-03-02, 17:04)suddsdriller Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-02, 16:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your response.
The point I am trying to make is that the mere running of KODI is causing the computer to go to sleep. This has nothing to do with any build or addon...I'm talking about a bare-bones installation of KODI here. I don't even have to play a video before the computer just goes to sleep and it only happens with KODI running.
I did notice that the screensaver was set to 3 minutes for some reason on this new installation of 18.9, but the "going into sleep mode" was happening to previous builds where the screensaver was disabled entirely.
I have just disabled the screensaver on this current installation and I am letting KODI run with the debugger on to see if/when it crashes again. I will let you know what happens after 30mins to 1hr.
Thanks again.
suddsdsriller
Hi there;
It just happened again...2x in quick succession. The log file is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/idevusabuv.
The screensaver is off and KODI was just sitting there...sometimes in the foreground and sometimes in the background of the main monitor of my triple monitor setup. Again, the computer only randomly goes to sleep when KODI is running.
My computer power management is set up so that the computer and screen NEVER turn off.
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas as to what can be causing this.
Thanks in advance.
suddsdriller
Just picked a couple of entries from the log. The 2nd log entries are weird, some 5 and a half minutes between them. No idea why.

Code:
2021-03-02 10:51:27.998 T:6220 DEBUG: DPMS: supported power-saving modes: OFF STANDBY
2021-03-02 11:04:30.898 T:6220 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
2021-03-02 11:09:59.203 T:6220 DEBUG: WM_POWERBROADCAST: PBT_APMSUSPEND event was sent
2021-03-02 11:09:59.420 T:6220 NOTICE: CPowerManager::OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
2021-03-02 11:10:18.121 T:6220 DEBUG: WM_POWERBROADCAST: PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC event was sent
(2021-03-02, 17:40)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Just picked a couple of entries from the log. The 2nd log entries are weird, some 5 and a half minutes between them. No idea why.

Code:
2021-03-02 10:51:27.998 T:6220 DEBUG: DPMS: supported power-saving modes: OFF STANDBY
2021-03-02 11:04:30.898 T:6220 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
2021-03-02 11:09:59.203 T:6220 DEBUG: WM_POWERBROADCAST: PBT_APMSUSPEND event was sent
2021-03-02 11:09:59.420 T:6220 NOTICE: CPowerManager::OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
2021-03-02 11:10:18.121 T:6220 DEBUG: WM_POWERBROADCAST: PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC event was sent
Thanks for this feedback/observation...I have no idea what this means or how this can point to a solution....I had an issue like this with Bluestacks last year and had to abandon Bluestacks entirely as I couldn't figure it out.
What do you think the significance might be?
One of the devs will have to dive into this, as it's "not my department".
(2021-03-02, 20:51)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]One of the devs will have to dive into this, as it's "not my department".

Understood. Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it.
(2021-03-02, 15:49)suddsdriller Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.
I am running Windows 10 on a gaming laptop. KODI was working fine until yesterday when it started shutting down Windows randomly.
I changed builds 2x to no avail. I also deleted KODI 18.7 and installed KODI 18.9 with no build on it and it's still putting Windows to sleep randomly. The "putting to sleep" ONLY occurs when KODI is running.
Can someone please help?
suddsdriller
Just a not here...I installed KODI on an Android emulator on the SAME PC machine which is going to sleep randomly when KODI is running in Windows. KODI runs flawlessly on the Android emulator (LDPlayer). The Windows installation still puts the computer to sleep randomly.
(2021-03-04, 12:14)suddsdriller Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-02, 15:49)suddsdriller Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.
Can someone please help?
suddsdriller
Just a not here...I installed KODI on an Android emulator on the SAME PC machine which is going to sleep randomly when KODI is running in Windows. KODI runs flawlessly on the Android emulator (LDPlayer). The Windows installation still puts the computer to sleep randomly.
Just an additional note here...I installed KODI on an Android emulator on the SAME PC machine which is going to sleep randomly when KODI is running in Windows. KODI runs flawlessly on the Android emulator (LDPlayer). The Windows installation still puts the computer to sleep randomly.