Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 nvidia shield weird hard drive names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I have 2 external hard drives hooked up to my nvidia shield pro 2019. Yesterday my kodi updated to v19 and now instead of the names of the hard drives that I made in windows a long time ago, some random letters and numbers make the hard drive names.

It's so weird because the normal hard drive names used to show in the previous kodi version.
(2021-03-02, 16:30)rappa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, so I have 2 external hard drives hooked up to my nvidia shield pro 2019. Yesterday my kodi updated to v19 and now instead of the names of the hard drives that I made in windows a long time ago, some random letters and numbers make the hard drive names.

It's so weird because the normal hard drive names used to show in the previous kodi version.

I have the same issue on my 2019 Shield Pro - drive names are no longer listed and instead have a series of numbers for each drive
Yes, this is a known issue for Android and Android TV OS's.  It also duplicates all HDD's, flash drives and SD cards in Android (where they are designated as Linux SD drives sdb1, sda2, etc. instead of the drive name allocated that shows fine in 18.9).