Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1080p playback judder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using KODI 19 final.

Just a heads up. If you are running KODI with a mix of 4K and 1080p, don't set your KODI interface to 4K. If you do, all your 1080p will judder like crazy.
Keep your KODI interface set at 1080p. Your 4K movies will still play as 4K and your 1080p movies will play buttery smooth.

Question: Does KODI automatically switch the refresh rate between 4K and 1080p movies?

-sacolton
(2021-03-03, 12:20)sacolton Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up

You do understand that your Kodi machine may differ in A LOT OF ways from other people's Kodi Windows devices, and thus possibly resulting in a much different user experience than that you have?

So don't jump the gun and think/suggest that everyone is having your problem. For all we know, you could have your settings all wrong, which we cannot be sure of because you have not shared ANY technical hardware detail about your PC.
Been using Matrix nightlies for a year, the final, and now v20 nightlies.  I have a diverse collection of media including 540p, 720p, 1080p and 4k HDR.  My Kodi interface is 4k matching my desktop as it should be.  If I set it to 1080p, everything looks downgraded and unappealing negating every reason why some of us use 4k to begin with.  My Windows PC is from circa 2008 with a 6 yr old video card.  Everything I play with Kodi is buttery smooth with zero judder thanks to Kodi automatically matching refresh rates using the obvious setting in Kodi I took the time to explore.  I've done nothing special.  I think the O/P should entertain other culprits imo.
(2021-03-03, 12:20)sacolton Wrote: [ -> ]Using KODI 19 final.

Just a heads up. If you are running KODI with a mix of 4K and 1080p, don't set your KODI interface to 4K. If you do, all your 1080p will judder like crazy.
Keep your KODI interface set at 1080p. Your 4K movies will still play as 4K and your 1080p movies will play buttery smooth.

Question: Does KODI automatically switch the refresh rate between 4K and 1080p movies?

-sacolton
 I run the UI at 2160p/60 and its butter smooth, despite the system being quite old (3rd gen Ivy bridge) with a GT 1030.

Its bad to come here as a first post and start generalising in this way, without considering the issue is with your system