Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add ClearLogo in views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to add in the Estuary skin on Kodi Matrix, the ClearLogos of my tvshows in all of the viewtypes (Poster, infowall,...) as in the Estuary mod V2 skin... I found these lines in the variables.xml file of Estuary Mod which I think are the lines that permit to display the clearlogo (from the 3281 line) :
xml:
<variable name="LibraryClearLogoVar">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.clearlogo))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.clearlogo)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearlogo))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(artist.clearlogo))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(artist.clearlogo)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.Art(artist.clearlogo))">$INFO[Container.Art(artist.clearlogo)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Clearlogo))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Clearlogo)]</value>
    </variable>

For example on the poster viewtype I would like to display the clearlogo like that : Image

Thanks
So I added in the View_51_poster.xml file these lines at the 4th line :
xml:
<control type="image">
            <left>800</left>
            <top>20</top>
            <width>350</width>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
            <aspectratio aligny="top" align="top">keep</aspectratio>
        </control>

And this is what I get :Image
Do you know a better way to do that or it is good ? Because if I added a left line, <left>800</left> will not be the middle for every device ? It depends of the screen size, doesn't it ?

Also, the clear logo doesn't appear in the season poster viewtype, what should I do ?
(2021-03-03, 23:55)Bungee_G Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know a better way to do that or it is good ? Because if I added a left line, <left>800</left> will not be the middle for every device ? It depends of the screen size, doesn't it ?

Also, the clear logo doesn't appear in the season poster viewtype, what should I do ?

It depends on the screen resolution.

If you always want something to be centered then use either centerleft, centerright, centertop, or centerbottom see the picture and other info at https://kodi.wiki/view/Default_control_tags and in addition to absolute values which will vary dpending on resolution you can use percentages.

So you could do this instead

xml:

<control type="image">
<centerleft>50%</centerleft>
<top>20</top>
<height>140</height>
<width>350</width>
<aspectratio aligny="top" align="center">keep</aspectratio>
</control>

So centerleft point is 50% so image container will be 175 either side of this for the 350 width.

You aligh="top" is invalid, align is along the x axis so that can only be left, right, center.

Not essential but I would add a height so you can sure the image won't drop down too far to intrude upon the posters.

If you want it to appear in all views then it should go in MyVideoNav.xml which is the common base for all views relating to video content.
(2021-03-04, 12:37)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-03, 23:55)Bungee_G Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know a better way to do that or it is good ? Because if I added a left line, <left>800</left> will not be the middle for every device ? It depends of the screen size, doesn't it ?

It depends on the screen resolution.

If you always want something to be centered then use either centerleft, centerright, centertop, or centerbottom see the picture and other info at https://kodi.wiki/view/Default_control_tags and in addition to absolute values which will vary dpending on resolution you can use percentages.

So you could do this instead

xml:

<control type="image">
<centerleft>50%</centerleft>
<top>20</top>
<height>140</height>
<width>350</width>
<aspectratio aligny="top" align="center">keep</aspectratio>
</control>

So centerleft point is 50% so image container will be 175 either side of this for the 350 width.

You aligh="top" is invalid, align is along the x axis so that can only be left, right, center.

Not essential but I would add a height so you can sure the image won't drop down too far to intrude upon the posters.

If you want it to appear in all views then it should go in MyVideoNav.xml which is the common base for all views relating to video content.

I don't want the clearlogo to be at the same place in all of the viewtypes... What should I do ? Should I anyway add the lines in MyVideoNavxml ?
THen stick with your orignal method and add the code to each of View_xxx_yyy_.xml files so you can tailor the position for each view.
(2021-03-04, 16:26)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]THen stick with your orignal method and add the code to each of View_xxx_yyy_.xml files so you can tailor the position for each view.

Thanks ! But why doesn't the clearlogo appear in the poster viewtype ?
I meant the season poster viewtype

As you can see :ImageImage
I'm not sure there is clearlogo art for Seasons.
(2021-03-04, 18:11)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure there is clearlogo art for Seasons.

Yes but I want the tv show clearlogo to appear in the season view
(2021-03-04, 18:13)Bungee_G Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-04, 18:11)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure there is clearlogo art for Seasons.

That what I'm saying, the art return by $INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)] depends on the item in focus supporting that art type. You might be able to do it manually by downloading the show clearlogo then going onto the eash Season selecting Manage, Choose art and adding the clearlogo type.
(2021-03-04, 18:18)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-04, 18:13)Bungee_G Wrote: [ -> ]

That what I'm saying, the art return by $INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)] depends on the item in focus supporting that art type. You might be able to do it manually by downloading the show clearlogo then going onto the eash Season selecting Manage, Choose art and adding the clearlogo type.
So will I have to add manually for each season the clearlogo ? Isn't there a way to do that automatically as we did before ? Because is the estuary mod skin, for example, there is the tvshow clearlogo in the season view
Just found out how to do that : I added some line from Estuary mod V2 from the myvideonav.xml file
@jjd-uk

Also I would like to know how to change the image and text position ?
I would to 
I want to put them lower so I can also put lower the clearlogo :Image
Ay Episode level as you show it's

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L245-L254
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L282-L289

Since those have the condition
xml:
<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode)</visible>

For other levels it's the ones above which have the condition
xml:
<visible>!String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song)</visible>
(2021-03-05, 12:04)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Ay Episode level as you show it's

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L245-L254
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L282-L289

Since those have the condition
xml:
<visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode)</visible>

For other levels it's the ones above which have the condition
xml:
<visible>!String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song)</visible>

Thanks !