Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stutter on Kodi 19 and shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I have been using Kodi and my shield for a while now.
Kodi updated itself recently to V19, i now have random stutter (sometimes just a frame drop, sometimes both frame drop and sound skip).
It definitely comes from Kodi, i’m using kodi to play file remotely from my NAS via Ftp protocol with a 30MB/s wifi connection and using the frame adjuster functionality.

I saw other people having this issue, is it specific to the shield tv?
Is it already logged?

Thanks
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi

Here it is

Log
(2021-03-05, 10:31)Wolf699 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Kodi updated itself recently to V19, i now have random stutter (sometimes just a frame drop, sometimes both frame drop and sound skip).
It definitely comes from Kodi, i’m using kodi to play file remotely from my NAS via Ftp protocol with a 30MB/s wifi connection and using the frame adjuster functionality.

Is it already logged?

Thanks

Same issue here! Using latest shield and since Kodi 19 stutter in videos.
Weird thing is it’s seems random not the usual shutter by having source to a framerate and player to another.
(2021-03-07, 00:10)Wolf699 Wrote: [ -> ]Weird thing is it’s seems random not the usual shutter by having source to a framerate and player to another.

I had this issue.  I changed the Kodi video refresh rate to match the Shield refresh rate.  Once I did this, no issues
It’s already the case for me, 60hz on both.
(2021-03-06, 22:57)koma1337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-05, 10:31)Wolf699 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is it already logged?

Thanks

Same issue here! Using latest shield and since Kodi 19 stutter in videos.

I have a similar problem. I have noticed stuttering video since the ver 19 upgrade. I am also using a NAS although I am using SMB protocol.
With the function Ctrl O diagnostic I can see that skipped frames seems to be the issue. Restarting Kodi fixes it for about an hour then it gets progressively worse - maybe a memory leak?
Any help from moderators following my log?

Thanks
Any would be much appreciated i » ca bout to give up on this buggy version and go back to 18.9
Not all moderators also have technical/development skills. So I'm just trying to gather as much log info as possible.
As you say that it could be a random thing, that would certainly complicate things. Not every bug is as easily squashed as other bugs.
(2021-03-12, 11:04)Wolf699 Wrote: [ -> ]Any would be much appreciated i » ca bout to give up on this buggy version and go back to 18.9
I think this may be do with AAC audio encoded files, is it happening on other audio encoded files? On my shield it just seems to be AAC files I see this happening on v19 of Kodi.
(2021-03-27, 16:03)Sinjin_smythe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 11:04)Wolf699 Wrote: [ -> ]Any would be much appreciated i » ca bout to give up on this buggy version and go back to 18.9
I think this may be do with AAC audio encoded files, is it happening on other audio encoded files? On my shield it just seems to be AAC files I see this happening on v19 of Kodi.
I think I've fixed the playback issue on my 2017 shield by going into Settings-->System-->Display-
I changed my resolution to @1920x1080p and refresh rate to 60.
I simply gave up on this release since no Dev took time to look at my issue
Same here.
4K was unwatcheble due to stuttering. Tried smb and nfs, both same problem.
i went back to 18.9 and all is ok now.
Pages: 1 2 3