Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Confluence not showing posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After update Kodi to 19 Matrix , are shown thumbs instead poster when press "Info".

Skin Estuary is normal with posters.

Is this default now or bug ?

Or how to fix it ?

This is the result of a skin api change for Matrix. The version in the repo hasn't yet been updated, if you can't wait then the updated version can be downloaded from https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/tree/Matrix
(2021-03-07, 22:12)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]This is the result of a skin api change for Matrix. The version in the repo hasn't yet been updated, if you can't wait then the updated version can be downloaded from https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/tree/Matrix

Thx for you reply !!! 👍👍👍

Waiting the update.
I downloaded pending update.  It indeed fixes the poster display problem in the OSD for movies.  However, just to let you know before the update goes live, it also changes the OSD thumb display from the episode thumbnail to the series poster for TV shows.  Now the TV OSD display is the problem.
Thanks for your reply to the fix.

Can you please post a screenshot of the wrong thumb?
Well, I've tried but it isn't working pulling from my computer.  I don't have access to any online locations.
https://imgur.com/upload

EDIT: I might have found the reason of the issue.
Will PR a fix soon.
Button 14 or 19 to upload images
Okay, thanks.  I went to imgur but thought they required an account.

Thanks, exactly what I thought.

I'll PR a fix soon.
(2021-04-22, 13:56)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks.  I went to imgur but thought they required an account.

What is wrong with this? that is how it should be as the TV show poster should always be used if available, the episode screenshot thumb is only used as a fallback if no poster is available.
Looking back at Confluence history I see it's was a thumb used for v17 and before, and it was changed to a poster in v18. Personally I think a poster makes far more sense.
I guess it is all a matter of preference.  For TV shows, I prefer the episode thumbnail.  It comes in very handy. 

Every once in a while when converting DVDs to mkv format, files are not always in order.  And then, sometimes they will be in order for a whole series with the exception of one disk.  This recently happened to me with Barney Miller DVDs.  All seasons and episodes were in order until disk 2 of season 8 (the final season).  Then 4 episodes were out of order.  I did not catch this until I was watching and noticed the thumbnail did not go with what I was watching.  Checking the episode details verified it.  So I had to determine the correct order and rename the files.  As these were some of the series' final episodes, the viewing order was very important.
So, what is it to be?  Series poster or episode poster for TV show episodes?

Media scrapers pull down or create episode posters and add them to my graphics library.  If the series poster is to be used, why would I want my hard drive space being filled up with episode posters?  Especially if I can't stop the scraper from creating the episode posters?

I would stick with v17.6 Krypton except when I upgraded my equipment to 11th generation Intel WASAPI pass-thru quit working correctly.  Well, actually it works but it crashes at various times depending on the type of sound.  Dolby (various versions) would crash at 23 or 29 minutes.  DTS (various versions) would crash at about 1 hour.

So, currently, I am using v17.6 Krypton for TV  shows and movies where I don't really need  to pass the sound thru my audio system and actually do not use the sound system, just the TV.  I use v19.1 Matrix (portable) when I am watching a movie where I really want the "experience and joy" of a multi-speaker sound system.

As I said before, having the episode or series poster displayed while watching a TV episode is a personal preference.  If you won't program for the episode poster, how about offering a choice?
Pages: 1 2