Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Seek Bar/Play Strip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is somewhat of a long shot, not sure if it can be changed easily.
One aspect of Amber that really bothers me is the huge, and I think cluttered, play controller for playing media: it has a film poster/album cover, meta data like title album, year etc. etc.
Is it possible to take the play/pause button, the stop button, and the settings button and put them onto the seek bar, move the seek bar down to the bottom, and simply turn off the everything else?
In other words, I'd like to be able to bring up a single, uncluttered seek bar with a play/pause, stop button, setting cog, at the bottom of the screen and not see any of the other stuff.
This may not be possible but given the excellent changes you've made in the past I thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks
Bart has a compact-bar in his to-do list, we will just have to let him get caught up. There is concept screen shot in his Matrix thread somewhere.
With the RC release of Matrix to the public, it has been overwhelming for the skin creators.

edit...
This post:

Smile
@Tstrbl , @TheRealDeadMan , I do have in my To-Do making a compact, simplified OSD.  I just have not been able to get around to it.  I just finished setting up from scratch my development environment with Kodi Matrix, so hopefully in the next few days I can start working on new features.

Regards,

Bart