Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding non-standard/multipart episodes to the library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have Ren and Stimpy on DVD and when I ripped the files out, the episodes get split.
Looking on IMDB, they are listed as single episodes with multipart names.

However, each named segment got ripped out as S01E01a and S01E01b and these don't get parsed correctly and are getting hosed in the library.

How to resolve this? I really don't want to go through all the work to join files...
(2021-03-10, 10:46)chaosmstr Wrote: [ -> ]Looking on IMDB,
None of the tv show scrapers use IMDB, so why look there?
There is an option in /Settings/Media/Videos/Combine split videos that you can enable.
It works for movies, I never tried it with TVshows so who knows.
(2021-03-10, 11:02)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 10:46)chaosmstr Wrote: [ -> ]Looking on IMDB,
None of the tv show scrapers use IMDB, so why look there?

Well, because thetvdb.com shows each segment as it's own episode, but it aired on the same day as another...?
Themoviedb.com shows the same thing.

IMDB at least shows them as a single episode, which is how they were aired - not as individual segments.
(2021-03-10, 11:04)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]There is an option in /Settings/Media/Videos/Combine split videos that you can enable.
It works for movies, I never tried it with TVshows so who knows.

Doesn't work.. 
Thanks for the idea though. Smile
If you don't want what's in the scraper database, then you'll need to use your own NFO (wiki) file (which you'd have to prepare yourself).

Otherwise whatever's in the database of the scraper you're using is what you'll get in terms of both content and episode/season set-up, as they're the sources for the scrapers.
(2021-03-10, 11:43)chaosmstr Wrote: [ -> ]Well, because thetvdb.com shows each segment as it's own episode, but it aired on the same day as another...?
Themoviedb.com shows the same thing.
But isn't that what you want? Although you did not actually say what you want, you just asked how to "resolve this" not actually telling us how you wanted it resolved..

But from what I see, you have two episodes ripped, and that is the way TMDB and TVDB have it. Anything else and you will need to use nfo files as Darren stated.