Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newest Kodi freezes when trying to play a video files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi freezes when trying to play a video files, and when shutting down the program. I deleted most of the add-ons, I don't know what else to do. It's super annoying. Please help.

Here's the log file: Log file

Thank you!
(2021-03-10, 21:44)kresho Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted most of the add-ons, I don't know what else to do. It's super annoying.

That's what you can get when installing add-ons that can mess up your Kodi setup (and sometimes more).
BTW, you missed another one: script.video.F4mProxy v3.0.1.2 installed

The best trick is to totally wipe your Kodi data folder, and simply start fresh. And stay away from those pesky banned add-ons.
(2021-03-10, 22:01)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 21:44)kresho Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted most of the add-ons, I don't know what else to do. It's super annoying.

That's what you can get when installing add-ons that can mess up your Kodi setup (and sometimes more).
BTW, you missed another one: script.video.F4mProxy v3.0.1.2 installed

The best trick is to totally wipe your Kodi data folder, and simply start fresh. And stay away from those pesky banned add-ons.
I haven't used an add-on in ages. I only use Kodi to play my local video files. If I start over, is there a way to keep my video library, and all the check marks next to videos I've watched already?
(2021-03-10, 22:06)kresho Wrote: [ -> ]If I start over, is there a way to keep my video library, and all the check marks next to videos I've watched already?

Make a copy of:
- Database/MyVideos116/119.db
- Database/Textures13.db
- Thumbnails folder
- advancedsettings.xml
- guisettings.xml
- mediasources.xml
- sources.xml
- passwords.xml

All watched / resume statuses are in the video database file.
(2021-03-10, 22:12)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-10, 22:06)kresho Wrote: [ -> ]If I start over, is there a way to keep my video library, and all the check marks next to videos I've watched already?

Make a copy of:
- Database/MyVideos116/119.db
- Database/Textures13.db
- Thumbnails folder
- advancedsettings.xml
- guisettings.xml
- mediasources.xml
- sources.xml
- passwords.xml

All watched / resume statuses are in the video database file.
I will give that a shot. Thank you!