Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD via network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 9 won't play DVD anymore.
Been using this function for a couple of years on my MI Box. Now I have new menus - great, but no playback. I didn't find any instruction or warning so I joined this forum to ask you all. And yes I did a search but found nothing relevant as a lot of info concerns physical discs and others mention "unnecessary menus" of the format.
For those who love converting everything to mkv or whatever - no thank you. I like the dvd format just as it is.
So I'll be grateful for info on this.
Cheers, Martin
(2021-03-13, 09:00)m.armsby Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 9 won't play DVD anymore.
Cheers, Martin

I think you mean Kodi 19?

I just bought a new Nvidia Shield without Kodi. I installed 19.0 and DVD/VIDEO_TS structure were not playing.
Apparently it's a known bug. I've read that when you upgrade from 18.9, the bug is not carried over.

So I uninstalled Kodi 19 - lost all my customization and libraries :-( Then installed 18.9 Boom... DVD files are now playing again.
I dared upgrading to 19... Problem is gone, DVD file structures are still playing.
Ah thanks, good to know.
I uninstalled 19 but my MiBox won't install 18.9 any more. It goes through the routine but then says setup failed.
I'm lost . . .