Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for some console poster artwork suggestions for the launcher I'm using
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final update for now.... I still need more artwork for other consoles... but a little at a time.

Updated Info Page
I think the way you go on update 2 is very consistent and awesome! The purple background (I love that color) with the grey boxes and the transparent box on focus is really cool. I think you going tho the very right way.

By the way: Tell me more about this modified version of IAGL, I'm interested.

cheers!
(2021-03-22, 01:34)daniel.delillo Wrote: [ -> ]o I'm using my own modified version of Zach's IAGL with my own library & server, but now I'm trying to theme it and I need some console poster art suggestions.  I'm going with a space retro theme, something simple and easy with transparency to it.  My thoughts are to go with some transparent console artwork with some logos... but I'm still up in the air.  Any suggestions to some artwork would be awesome, otherwise it's too photoshop to see if I can come up with something, thanks.

I think it's starting to turn out nice finally...  Thank god.

Final update for now

Original

I like your info window. Is your code available somewhere? It's possible to potentially add 'theming' to that window (while all the other windows are really skin dependent) in IAGL.

Also, regarding the art in general, I have this open issue. Looking for people better at art than me! In theory, all the art assets could also be themed using the databases in the addon.
(2021-03-24, 01:51)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Also, regarding the art in general, I have this open issue. Looking for people better at art than me! In theory, all the art assets could also be themed using the databases in the addon.
Hi @zachmorris !

I've just read your issue on github and If you can better explain to me what arts you need, I’ll be happy to do it! Because, honestly, I couldn't understand exactly from the issue on Github LOL! I even use your Addon myself.

I had already done some art for the Advanced Emulator Launcher Addon, which you can check out here: AEL Arts

If you want, I can try it in my spare time.
(2021-03-24, 03:11)sagrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-24, 01:51)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Also, regarding the art in general, I have this open issue. Looking for people better at art than me! In theory, all the art assets could also be themed using the databases in the addon.
Hi @zachmorris !

I've just read your issue on github and If you can better explain to me what arts you need, I’ll be happy to do it! Because, honestly, I couldn't understand exactly from the issue on Github LOL! I even use your Addon myself.

I had already done some art for the Advanced Emulator Launcher Addon, which you can check out here: AEL Arts

If you want, I can try it in my spare time.

Thanks for the offer. I added a little more description in the issue. It looks like the art needs for both addons are pretty similar.
Here's an update version of my infopage - I'm opting out of the game fanart, some of it is just ugly and not consistent what I'm looking for... I want a nice clean interface and let the game box, logos, console art and metadata be the stars... maybe wheel art also if I make the time to scrap and organize it... probably not as it's not worth it.  I've also added a TV overlay for the videos and an image not found for box art.

@sagrath - Game Launcher for me is just a tweaked version of IAGL, where I use my own web server / family PC / WMC and then share off my library to all my other devices (laptop, phones, tablets, fire stick.... ).  I've added a game path option and setup the preset so you can even use it on the host device without needing a game cache.  I've also made some tweaks to make it more friendly, removed the TOU (because my database has nothing to do with archive.org).  A lot stupid simple stuff, but boy does the time add up.  Either way, it's great because I can loads this on a something as simple as a Amazon Fire Stick and it's ready to pick any game from my web server.

@ZACH Here's the info page. I'm still not sure about the banner and some items... it's not complete.  Also I quickly converted it back to IAGL, so I'm hoping I didn't mess up anything... it looks to work fine.  You might want to push banner up or disable like I did.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9Ma5QZ...sp=sharing

Also Zach, if I can help out... I will.  I don't have much time, but these days.  Let me get some items together and then I'll upload whatever I come up with.

The two pictures at the top are the info page converted back to IAGL and the bottom is just the settings page for Game Launcher.  I still need to figure out a way to add webserver's address in the setting page, but I know nothing of python and it's a hit or miss getting anything to work for me... oh well. Sad