Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I need step by step instructions... Anyone??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I have Kodi Leia 18.9 on Amazon firestick (which I think is Android).  I don't know how to get rid of the OSD after rewinding or going forward on a video. I searched in the settings going into skins and video, but I did not see anything I could modify.  I searched your forum and found some instructions, but unfortunately, I did not understand where one can make the modifications they were talking about. Here is the string they suggested (but possibly the wrong one as it says windows)

<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput)</visible>
or this one
<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>
Where do I find the place where one can insert or delete something? That is my problem, I don't know where to start.

I would be very grateful if anyone has the time to explain or tell me where to find such information. I know it is a lot to ask, and it might be too time-consuming. No pressure, I'll understand if no one feels like working on this.
Thanks anyway.
ciao
Dalidy
(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]I need step by step instructions
A more informative title relating to the actual problem is always a nice start. Also there is no info on which Kodi version you are using.
Apparently you want to adjust the skin you are using in Kodi, however we have no clue which one that is. When it's clear which skin, this thread can be moved to the correct forum section.

(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the string they suggested (but possibly the wrong one as it says windows)
Who is "they"? Skins in Kodi are OS-independent, so that's not a problem.

(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to get rid of the OSD after rewinding or going forward on a video
Hmm. Okay.
(2021-03-27, 09:41)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]I need step by step instructions
A more informative title relating to the actual problem is always a nice start. Also there is no info on which Kodi version you are using.
Apparently you want to adjust the skin you are using in Kodi, however we have no clue which one that is. When it's clear which skin, this thread can be moved to the correct forum section.
(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the string they suggested (but possibly the wrong one as it says windows)
Who is "they"? Skins in Kodi are OS-independent, so that's not a problem.
(2021-03-27, 08:54)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to get rid of the OSD after rewinding or going forward on a video
Hmm. Okay.
Hello, and thank you for answering.
Actually, I did say which Kodi I am using, it is Leia 18.9; I did not mention the skin because I did not know I had to, the skin is Estuary.   There is no option within the setting's interface for modifying OSD.
Further, the reason for writing a vague title was to try to say upfront that I need a bit more help than someone who is well versed in manipulating strings and such.
Originally this forum popped up when I googled my problem with Kodi. I found several people with the same issue. However, most of those advising what to do (modify OSD behavior) spoke about changing or adding to a string and referenced the GitHub website(https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Bar.xml#L3). No one seemed to get into the details as to where to find this modifiable string and how to actually do it.  I guess most people going into the forum know what they are doing... not I, unfortunately.  Hence the need for more detailed step-by-step instructions.
I hope you can steer me to the correct forum and possibly how to word the title regarding the help I need.
Thank you again.
ciao
The seekbar should just disappear 2 seconds after you stop FF/RWing. Unless you're using the control bar to FF/RW and in that case you just press back to hide it.
(2021-03-29, 10:02)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]The seekbar should just disappear 2 seconds after you stop FF/RWing. Unless you're using the control bar to FF/RW and in that case you just press back to hide it.

Hi, thanks for the response.
I am watching on my tv, so I use the remote either from amazon fire or my Samsung tv. The seekbar does not disappear at all if I fast forward or reverse back the video. If I press the back button, the video goes back to the beginning and that puts me in the same position as fast-forwarding will keep the seekbar on permanently.  I researched it on your forum and apparently it is a common issue.
Thanks again
(2021-03-29, 19:57)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-29, 10:02)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]The seekbar should just disappear 2 seconds after you stop FF/RWing. Unless you're using the control bar to FF/RW and in that case you just press back to hide it.

I am watching on my tv, so I use the remote either from amazon fire or my Samsung tv. The seekbar does not disappear at all if I fast forward or reverse back the video. If I press the back button, the video goes back to the beginning and that puts me in the same position as fast-forwarding will keep the seekbar on permanently.  I researched it on your forum and apparently it is a common issue.
Thanks again
Fast forward & rewind are really bad methods of seeking, I think most people don't even use them and instead use Skip steps. So one press to the right will advance 10 secs, 2 presses will advance 30 secs, then 1 min, 3 min, 10 min etc. Much easier to use than those dreaded ffwd/rew buttons.
Where did you get this version of Kodi?
(2021-03-29, 20:29)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you get this version of Kodi?

I got it from the web.
(2021-03-29, 20:08)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-29, 19:57)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks again
Fast forward & rewind are really bad methods of seeking, I think most people don't even use them and instead use Skip steps. So one press to the right will advance 10 secs, 2 presses will advance 30 secs, then 1 min, 3 min, 10 min etc. Much easier to use than those dreaded ffwd/rew buttons.
Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the input.  In any case, that darn OSD should automatically vanish regardless of how one rewinds or fast forwards. From what I read on this forum, I wasn't the only one with this problem, so I figured it must have been a bug of sorts. I wish I understood how to change that string they talked about as I am really curious about it. You wouldn't know how to do it right? Often experts, or at least those who are well versed with coding (I guess that is what it is called) don't have the patience to deal with people who don't. I understand. Oh well then, I will follow your suggestion and keep on searching to figure how to fix the bug. ciao
(2021-03-30, 07:11)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]

I got it from the web.
That doesn't help. From the official Kodi download site or somewhere else?
(2021-03-30, 07:20)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, that darn OSD should automatically vanish regardless of how one rewinds or fast forwards.

It does. Post a debug log please.
(2021-03-30, 08:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-30, 07:20)dalidy Wrote: [ -> ]In any case, that darn OSD should automatically vanish regardless of how one rewinds or fast forwards.

It does. Post a debug log please.
well how do i do on the tv? By the way I will not be home for several days, so I could not do it. I appreciate you trying to help. Tell me how to do it and when I get back I will. Thanks
(2021-03-30, 08:33)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

I got it from the web.
Hi, I went to this site and followed the instructions.  I downgraded from the latest version because lots of add-ons would not work anymore.
(2021-03-30, 08:33)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

I got it from the web.

Oops sorry I thought you wanted to know where I found that version of kodi, here https://www.technadu.com/downgrade-from-...ia/249541/  but maybe you were asking where I read about the string... I did post that  in the first posts. sorry again.
Point is that what you say you are seeing is not correct behaviour, as if you are using buttons on a remote to fast forward or rewind then the OSD will disappear automatically. So we need to debug log to see why is does not happen for you.
Pages: 1 2