Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback Failed after Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i recently upgraded my Ubunutu (yavdr) htpc to Kodi 19.
Now after every startup i get the Error "Playback failed", its a bit annoying but everything else is still working.

Can anyone help me figuring out what might cause this?
Logs from Startup are here, thanks in advance Smile

https://paste.kodi.tv/zudopijika.kodi
GL_RENDERER = GeForce GT 710/PCIe/SSE2
INFO <general>: GL_VERSION = 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.141

Not the very latest driver version, but should still be good enough.

I'm not sure if the repository.membrane entry is still valid. Three to four years old, and unlikely to be python3-compatible.
I also don't see any attempts to play a video file...
"Playback failed.." of what?
Thanks for looking into the Log.

Yeah iam wondering the same thing. I didn't try to start any Video (or anything).
Just starting up Kodi and the Error is displayed.

It started directly after the update to Kodi 19
I had the same problem and just found a solution. I know this thread is old, but I hope it can help the OP or someone else finding this thread.

I am starting Kodi automatically using Ubuntu's Startup Application. I used to run the command "kodi -fs -d 5". The command line option -d seems not to be available anymore. If I change the command to "kodi -fs" it solves the problem.
(2021-10-09, 21:58)StephaneL Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem and just found a solution. I know this thread is old, but I hope it can help the OP or someone else finding this thread.

I am starting Kodi automatically using Ubuntu's Startup Application. I used to run the command "kodi -fs -d 5". The command line option -d seems not to be available anymore. If I change the command to "kodi -fs" it solves the problem.

Thanks for posting this solution. It helped me a lot! I wonder why they killed the delay switch.