Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19: External Hard Drive - Add folders as sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been using Kodi on Android device for long time with SMB. I was able to to select the Music folders on the SMB that I wanted to add as a source.
Now I have attached an external hard drive to the android device. Kodi has added the whole hard drive as a source. I can't add a specific folder as a source, but I can scan folders to the library going to the specific folder.
Problem is that I can't use the Sources function on the music library. I have tried to go to >File manager, add a new source selecting only the folder that i want "/storage/"mydevice"/Music/Reggaee" but sources is still empty.

Am i doing something wrong when setting up de external hard drive as a source?

Any help is welcome.

Thank you!
On the videos > files menu, navigate down to the folder that you want as a the root of the source. Then open the context menu and select "change content".

By default it should be "none", but if you select something else (movies, tvshows, music etc) then it should give you the option to scan stuff into the library as normal.
Thanks! I found what I needed.

You have to add the music folders that you want to the Music Library. You don't have to add them using the File manager option.
Just add a new source and type: "/storage/"mydevicename"/Music/Reggaee"
Then that folder will appear on the Source when going to Music.
Possibly different routes to the same end, but glad you've got it sorted anyway Smile

Thread marked solved.