Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio on passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Kodi 19 with an Nvidia shield. I have the audio output connected to Sonos arc. It's been working well since enabling pass through on Kodi and TV. The application output shows Atmos Dolby codec is in use. Last week or so I've had two files that audio stops working, silent movie.

When I select the commentary track the audio is back on, as it should be. Switch back and the audio goes again.

The issue seems to be with the audio output device for passthrough. When default Kodi IEC packer is selected audio stops with these files. The audio is not detected. As soon as I switch to Android IEC packer RAW, audio works but the application picks up stereo pcm not Dolby Atmos.

I've performed a test on Atmos YouTube and movie file. Both files have Atmos which was being recognised but now isn't from the perspective of the Sonos application. Perhaps it is working but using Kodi packer the app doesn't pick it up.

Is this a bug on the shield?
Is the Atmos codec being blocked?
Is there a work around?
Even though the application shows stereo pcm is the output Atmos, using raw androod iec?