Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV with AS Synology, buffer problem or other, on 4k movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening everyone,

I have a Sony Bravia Android TV equipped with 2 GB of ram. I am using Kodi 18 then now 19.

My movies are stored on a Synology DS216 NAS equipped with a Seagate Ironwolf 10TB (7200 rpm) drive. My TV + my NAS are wired (cat6) to my orange box (livebox 4, fiber offer)

Generally speaking, I don't have any major problems except for 4k movies, on some I have a buffer problem during playback. Finally I think, as an image is more meaningful, here is what I meet (see in PJ)

I installed EZ Maintenance + to try to optimize the buffer (kodi tells me 730 MB of free memory, so I put the value 730x0.3 = 219x1024x1024), it improves slightly but I still continue to have this screwed up problem.

I have the feeling that on Kodi 18 I had a little less problem, but I could be wrong. What more can I do in your opinion?

Thanks for your advices.
TV ethernet port: 100 Mbs or gigabit?
(2021-04-04, 19:35)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]TV ethernet port: 100 Mbs or gigabit?
I just looked and indeed it's 100 mb...

Wifi is on 802.11ac, so i'll test on wifi and i come back to tell you
Hi,

In Ethernet, speedtest give 97 Mb for upload and download. In Wifi, 300 Mb!

To know with my iPhone I get 500 / 500 Mb....

I have a lot less cut on a 4K movie, but I still have some, I think it's my movie that can be a problem, so I would see with other movies

TV bought at the end of 2019, but from what I can see, the vast majority of TV sold are equipped with a network card in Fast Ethernet either in 100 MB ... amazing at the current time

Thanks for your help
I also have a Sony Bravia (KD65 A89) and I have buffering problems with Kodi and 720p contents also. I don't think it's a bandwidth problem, but rather a Kodi problem. The same video plays fine with VLC. Have you tried yourself to play the same 4k video with VLC?
Hi,
Just a  little of my experience.

As per my sig I'm using a Sony A8H with the latest Android Kodi 19, no stuttering (buffering) problems on 4k 10bit HDR10 playpack, also TV is connected to NAS via 100Mbit ethernet.
Only problem I have is my AV Receiver is not eARC so I can't playback any Lossless audio.