Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [GSOC 2021] Add original HDR support for Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am Ziyuan Qu, a Junior student from the Northeastern University, China. You can call my English name, Quinton.
I'm interested in the Computer Graphics, and also familiar with C++ and Python. I wrote a small ping-pong game using basic system calls in linux, and I am implementing a program for Intelligent Diagnosis of Systemic lymphoma based on PET/CT Imaging Histology with Professor Huiyan Jiang.
I am a big fan of KODI, which is used for watching Blu-ray movies for many years. However, the HDR vision can only be activated on Sony tv. For I see there's an idea for high quality scalers for OpenGL(GLSL), I really wondering if it's possible to add original HDR support for Mac in this GSOC program. Could you give me some hint on which direction I should search for and which part of code I could look up to write a proposal on either of those two issues? Although it's a little late for now, I would like to try...
Thank you anyway!
@velocity Hi, sorry for forgetting the subject title and recommend you at the same time. I am writing a proposal now. Could you give me some suggestions?
(2021-04-10, 04:30)QuintonQ Wrote: [ -> ]@velocity Hi, sorry for forgetting the subject title and recommend you at the same time. I am writing a proposal now. Could you give me some suggestions?

not 'recommend' actually, just forgot to mention or '@' you in the article.     Blush
My first version proposal of this idea is posted below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jtvi...sp=sharing
I really want some feedback if it is not qualified, please.
Unable to view your proposal.

However, with that said, we don't currently have any mentors available for an apple gsoc project. It would be a fantastic addition, however we just don't have anyone available for it sorry.
I have turned on permissions.
I am sorry to learn that there is no mentor for apple. I wonder if there is a possibility to focus on high quality scalers for OpenGL(GLSL), although it is a small chance.
Anyway, thank you for your reply. @Fuzzard