Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: playlist substitution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Please forgive, me bercause i already asked this question and although i went back to that thread (which is marked as solved ... and it was) i can't seem to get my advance settings to work 

here is my advancedsettings file 

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>C:\Users\uncle\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\</from>
    <to>W:\computers\kodi\musicplaylists\</to>
  </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

uncle is my UID
W is my mapped drive which maps to a freenas server. (//192.168.1.104/media/documents)=W then computers/kodi/musicplaylist is the location of the files

I had to rebuild all my PCs and my servers and since then I am many having issues of all kinds. I am trying to resolve then one at the time.

I had upgraded to ver 19 of kodi however i had to many issues with emby so i reverted back to 18.9. During all this i created many errors, one of which was to move the kodi files on my freenas (which included the location of my music playlists) during  which i deleted all my backuped plugins and my playlists,
Access to my shares are all correct

I undedrstand if you tell me to take a hike. however I would ask you to please look at my syntax if it is correct. The paths are correct

Thank you
I think the script syntax is ok, but it's probably stumbling on; as follows.

FTW: Note:Not all special paths can be substituted. In particular, special://musicplaylists/ and special://videoplaylists/ should not be substituted, as internally these are multipaths that cannot be written to (thus saving of playlists will go elsewhere).

Path substitution (wiki) Shouldn't be too hard just to copy the playlists to each Kodi installation.
(2021-04-18, 06:09)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I think the script syntax is ok, but it's probably stumbling on; as follows.

FTW: Note:Not all special paths can be substituted. In particular, special://musicplaylists/ and special://videoplaylists/ should not be substituted, as internally these are multipaths that cannot be written to (thus saving of playlists will go elsewhere).

Path substitution (wiki) Shouldn't be too hard just to copy the playlists to each Kodi installation.
Thank you for responding so quickly. 

Strange that you say that musicplaylist should not be substituteted, It worked fine before. I am realy stumped. I put the advancedsetting in appdata-roaming -kodi-userdata. 

I must be missing something

Again Thank you
(2021-04-18, 08:19)BikerDude Wrote: [ -> ]you say that musicplaylist should not be substituteted
Just echoing what's in the wiki, a proper debug log to double check if the playlist is being properly detected and in operation is something to look at.
(2021-04-18, 08:19)BikerDude Wrote: [ -> ]It worked fine before.
You mean before the upgrade to Matrix?
(2021-04-18, 17:50)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-18, 08:19)BikerDude Wrote: [ -> ]you say that musicplaylist should not be substituteted
Just echoing what's in the wiki, a proper debug log to double check if the playlist is being properly detected and in operation is something to look at.
(2021-04-18, 08:19)BikerDude Wrote: [ -> ]It worked fine before.
You mean before the upgrade to Matrix?
hi sorry for the delay in replying Yes all was working well prior to matrix. However i reverted to your suggestion and save all my music playlists on the nas and the copying them to each Player