Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie title problem Universal Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
 This is my third KODI Media Center construction project.  My first was XBMC followed by a second attempt with KODI just after it came around.  It seemed like a cool idea, but I couldn't get it just right.

I must say that the current version (downloaded last week) is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

I used LibreELEC and loaded it on my Pi 3 in just a few minutes.  All the time spent since has been tweaking the look/operation and loading my 300+ DVD collection.

Thank you everyone who works on KODI, you're doing fantastic work!

ANYway, to my question;  at the moment, I have around 280 movies and three TV Shows in my library.  Three of the movies showed up with the title in another language after running the Universal Scraper.

Specifically:
The Name Of The Rose - title is in German
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is in Spanish
A Fistful of Dollars, also in Spanish.

I checked the movie titles and dates with both IMDB and TMDB.  My directory structure looks like this

volume/KODI/Movies/The_Name_Of_The_Rose_(1986)/THE_NAME_OF_THE_ROSE_t00.mkv

volume/KODI/Movies/The_Good_The_Bad_and_The_Ugly_(1966)/title00.mkv

The poster, plot, cast etc. all look fine.  It's just the title under the poster

I did some searches, and didn't find my answer.  Hoping someone here knows what I missed

Thanks!

- a -
@AjaxOfTheRockies

Looks like the scraper is scraping the Original Title at IMDB instead of the English title. We'll need to look into it.

Your easiest solution is to scrape the movies again with either one of TheMovieDB scrapers.
(2021-04-22, 05:39)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@AjaxOfTheRockies

Looks like the scraper is scraping the Original Title at IMDB instead of the English title. We'll need to look into it.

Your easiest solution is to scrape the movies again with either one of TheMovieDB scrapers.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll run the scraper again and see how it shakes out.

- a -