Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shield 2019 Pro Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Log file
https://paste.kodi.tv/qijuhitaya

I recently moved from a Mi TV box to a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and I'm getting a strange issue. When watching videos it randomly stops. Can be 1 min into the video or can run for 30 mins then stop. I guess I have a setting wrong somewhere but not sure what. I kinda remember some issue with audio but that was back in the days of Xbmc....

All data is local on a Unraid server
WiFi connection
Denon AV amp
Hisense TV

Any help as I briefly flirted with Plex and hated it.... Please don't judge me too harshly
Have tried changing video and sound settings and still the issue. Some made it better and some worse but all still crash the video after random amount of time.
Should I go back to 18.9 is this a Matrix issue or something else. Had zero issues with the Mi Box I was using. Didn't expect the Shield to be like this....
Did you try an ethernet connection?
Think I have a long enough lead to try. Tested my old MiBox 4k and no issues. Watched a movie without any stops. I'll test a cable and let u know how it's goes
Hoppel u are a genius. Did have a 30m patch cable to hand and since that's been plugged in not missed a beat. So my old WiFi router needs to be upgraded (the 25+ wireless IOT doesn't help)

Thinking of this one as seems to get good reviews, looking for something that has extra capacity for the future, on the these Asus RT-AX88U?
(2021-05-08, 15:50)vjmcdonnell Wrote: [ -> ]Hoppel u are a genius.

WhatttHuh Big Grin

(2021-05-08, 15:50)vjmcdonnell Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of this one as seems to get good reviews, looking for something that has extra capacity for the future, on the these Asus RT-AX88U?

Sorry, can’t help you with this one. I am all-in with ubiquiti unifi.

- 1x Unifi Security Gateway 3P
- 1x Unifi Switch USW-Pro-24-PoE
- 2x Unifi Switch USW-Flex
- 2x Unifi Switch USW-Flex-Mini
- 4x Unifi Access Point UAP-AC-Pro
- 1x Unifi Access Point UAP-AC-M-Pro
- Unifi Controller in a docker container

It’s nothing you can compare with a Wifi-Router… Wink

For me it works perfect! Never had a problem.

Maybe you find a way to hardwire your relevant streaming devices. Wink

Regards Hoppel