Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is anyone else having wake on lan issues after iOS 14.5 update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been using the Kodi remote to WOL my media PC just about everyday, but after just upgrading to iOS 14.5, seems like it isn't working anymore. I have the latest Kodi remote update. I confirmed in the iPhone settings that Kodi still has access to my local network. I even tried toggling it on/off. I even opened up Wireshark and don't see any WOL packets on my network when trying to send them. I downloaded a little WOL app on my phone (named just that, WOL) and had it send WOL packets and I'm able to see those in Wireshark on port 9. Sent them to my media PC as well as another desktop PC., saw all the packets for those. But switching back to Kodi remote, no packets show up. 

Anyone else having issues with WOL? I can use the other app, but it's annoying to switch back and forth after being able to do it in the Kodi remote app. 

Thanks
(2021-04-28, 00:36)dre211 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having issues with WOL? I can use the other app, but it's annoying to switch back and forth after being able to do it in the Kodi remote app. 
Hi, thanks for your report. We already heard this from another user in the beta-release thread. I created an issue in Github for this. You can either follow the issue (#266) or the beta-release thread to watch out for updates.
(2021-04-28, 00:36)dre211 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having issues with WOL? I can use the other app, but it's annoying to switch back and forth after being able to do it in the Kodi remote app. 
I have the same problem after updating to iOS 14.5 on my and my wifes phone. 
Temporary we are using Wake-on-Lan application.
(2021-04-28, 07:25)Buschel Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi, thanks for your report. We already heard this from another user in the beta-release thread. I created an issue in Github for this. You can either follow the issue (#266) or the beta-release thread to watch out for updates.
Ok great, glad it's already known about. I'll follow the Github issue for updates. Thanks!
should be fixed in the new Testflight build 2259, please check!