Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using video playback files from an older version ...is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Being very sensitive to stuttering (can spot them from a mile away) and as 4K content with subtitles is always stuttering from version 18.7.1 until latest 20 nightly I was just wondering
if it is possible to use old video playback files (18.7) on a new kodi version. I really like all other improvements that come with new version but really can't stand the stutter.
18.7 smooth as butter, 18.7.1 and onward subtitle causes stuttering. Sony Android TV. I've seen million posts about this problem but no one has come up with the solution.
I've stopped the auto update on my TV and wanted to check about a year later if anything has been done, but unfortunately not. This is probably because devs don't mind the problems
with low end devices and a new way of subtitle rendering probably has some benefits over the legacy mode. I don't blame them.