Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot run Kodi and Diablo 2 at the same time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody. I've got a problem.  I cannot run Kodi and Diablo 2 on my laptop (Lenovo T430u, Kubuntu 20.04). at the same time. For example, when I try to start Diablo while Kodi is running (minimized or windowed), the screen flashes a couple of times, showing Kodi changing to Diablo's 800x600, then to the desktop's default resolution, ending with a small Kodi window on the desktop. Diablo is running. I can hear the music and its icon appears on the panel , but game interface does not appear. If I close Kodi and click on the Diablo icon, the game appears and can be played as normal.  If I minimize the game, I can then open and use Kodi with no problem, but cannot go back to playing the game without closing Kodi. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Not sure Kodi can help solve that. It's a limitation of the old resolution limits when full screen was concerned. Is one reason I gave up on a bunch of older games albeit not for Kodi usage. Used to play Xwing, Tie Fighter, Diablo 2 of course, and a few others. They were just more trouble than worth with the resolution limits for me. You may be able to do a forced windowed mode which in theory should solve that issue. But I don't know too much about that type of thing.

Unfortunately progress sometimes makes things worse than better.
(2021-05-09, 05:28)jmgibson1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure Kodi can help solve that. It's a limitation of the old resolution limits when full screen was concerned. Is one reason I gave up on a bunch of older games albeit not for Kodi usage. Used to play Xwing, Tie Fighter, Diablo 2 of course, and a few others. They were just more trouble than worth with the resolution limits for me. You may be able to do a forced windowed mode which in theory should solve that issue. But I don't know too much about that type of thing.

Unfortunately progress sometimes makes things worse than better.

I tried windowed mode but that didn't help. I can run both on Linux Mint Cinnamon but not Kubuntu. What's the difference?