Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ISO movie file dispaly 2X speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I'm almost there but I need the latest alpha package available. My ISO's are playing 2X as fast with no audio and I'm trying to get my 5.1 surround working. Standard audio (Mp3) files work great. It is the movies that just take off.

Also, I just can't get a full screen anymore. It has the top and bottom Ubuntu panel displaying and on a 110" screen it is distracting.

In addition, I would edit sources.xml in my Xbox version to load all my mounts (Been using Ubuntu for 2 years as a file server with over 3 TB of stuff) and when I select movies on the Ubuntu port it just shows my mount points. I can open them up individually but I would like all the thumbs to display on one screen. just select movies and everything to remove a programming is there, no more screens to go threw.

Great job, it looks really good and I will be happy to move the Xbox to another room for use on another TV with a network cable back here so ppl can watch different movies off the same HTPC box.
forgot, I am running 8.10a3 - hardy2

If there is a new one, please provide the link.

Thank you
Quote:In addition, I would edit sources.xml in my Xbox version to load all my mounts (Been using Ubuntu for 2 years as a file server with over 3 TB of stuff) and when I select movies on the Ubuntu port it just shows my mount points. I can open them up individually but I would like all the thumbs to display on one screen. just select movies and everything to remove a programming is there, no more screens to go threw.

Xbmc needs to build a thumb cache. What do you mean by "when I select movies"? Is this the name of one of your sources, or are you using the library? If you're not using the library, I suggest you give it a try.
Sorry for not responding earlier and making this so long. I'm really busy at work and upgrading my Ubuntu file server 6.1 edgy to an HTPC using Hardy 8.04 to play 720P and 1080 in native modes. (Which means new video cards, sound cards and the like) Good news to follow.

Quote:Xbmc needs to build a thumb cache. What do you mean by "when I select movies"? Is this the name of one of your sources, or are you using the library? If you're not using the library, I suggest you give it a try.

I load all my ISO's and thumb (.tbn created from DVD profiler and a seperate run progarm that generates the exported thumbs and creates tbn's) files to the Ubuntu machine and do not use the library since the library stored all the info on the Xbox whcih only had 5 GB left for storage. I wanted to only use miminal storage on the Xbox so I woudln't need to upgrade the HD hence the buntu file server. So what I mean by select Movies (or Video depending on the Skin) Xbmc would display ALL the movie thumbs from the Ubuntu server. This was accomplished by editing the sources.xml file on the Xbox in e:/Apps/Xbmc/sources.xml and inputting the path to the various drives on the server. On the new Ubuntu Xbmc port when I select Movies or Video's or Music it makes me select file mode and then displays the drive or folder name like Movies or My_Music. I then need to select the folder for it to open and display the contents but only on that one drive, (I have 6 HD's)

What I want to do is select Movies or Video's from the main Xbmc screen and then it would display all the thumbs from all the drives. (Movies, Movies1, Movies2, Movies3, etc. on disk 1, disk2, disk3, etc.) Now if I can use library mode on the new Xbmc Ubuntu port to accomplish this and delete all my Thumbs (about 4-6K each in size) I will look at this. But I am going to move the Xbox into another room and wanted to network it and have it work just like before, so I may need to continue to make my own thumbs.

So I need to look at Ubuntu to make all my HD's look like one hugh logical drive I guess in order to accomplish this since I can not find a way as of yet in Xbmc to set the paths to multiple sources (Drives).

On to the good news since this is getting to long, everything is working great and some word of wisdom.

1. Make sure video card is properly configured in Ubuntu with the proper codecs or you will experience very high CPU utilization using Xbmc (95-100%).

2. If ISO playback is super fast (16-32X) look at your Audio configuration. If MP3's in Xbmc or Ubuntu don't play sound than your ISO movies files will run super fast with no sound.

3. Once I had sound working from Ubuntu playback sources (Mplayer, rythembox) the movies and mp3's in Xbmc worked great.

4. If using AC3 passthrough set audio sources and pasthrough to default not IEC958. (That is if Ubuntu is configured for Pulse in the System/Preferences?sound. Also make sure that all the additional lib's for Pulse and Alsa are installed and not just the defaults) THis is how I got it working and may be different for someone else de[pending on Sound card and codecs. If anything, Ubuntu's weak spots are sound first than display. (ALthough now it recognizes my Marantz PJ and everthing is good. I am happy. Big Grin