Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 and 19.1 Crashes in Ubuntu 21.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wont load, just hangs and I get crash log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/umeyacilez.kodi
(2021-05-11, 02:39)Brakiss Wrote: [ -> ]Wont load, just hangs and I get crash log.

try install graphic drivers, follow this instructions
https://tutorialforlinux.com/2021/03/04/...tallation/
(2021-05-11, 08:48)alfton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-11, 02:39)Brakiss Wrote: [ -> ]Wont load, just hangs and I get crash log.

try install graphic drivers, follow this instructions
https://tutorialforlinux.com/2021/03/04/...tallation/
Have tried that, says they are already installed.
@yol  any ideas? there was also a report of a similar/same issue with flatpak
(2021-05-12, 07:55)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]@yol  any ideas? there was also a report of a similar/same issue with flatpak

@yol If you can provide a direction I would really appreciate it!
I was able to upgrade from Ubuntu 20.10 to 21.04, but experience many addon oddities in addons because of python problems. Maybe this is related?
(2021-05-14, 10:57)Nosepull Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to upgrade from Ubuntu 20.10 to 21.04, but experience many addon oddities in addons because of python problems. Maybe this is related?
no I fresh installed
I haven't seen this on my machine yet. Difficult to say anything without libwayland-client++ debug symbols. Maybe you could install those? And please activate debug logging in Kodi.

@wsnipex do you have further details about the flatpak report?
(2021-05-14, 22:48)yol Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen this on my machine yet. Difficult to say anything without libwayland-client++ debug symbols. Maybe you could install those? And please activate debug logging in Kodi.

@wsnipex do you have further details about the flatpak report?

https://github.com/flathub/tv.kodi.Kodi/issues/112
Thanks. I see that it doesn't have any details/a Debug Log either, but at least it shows that it crashes on a protocol error. @Brakiss while you're on it, a log of the console output with WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 set in the environment would also be most helpful.
In the meantime, my best guess is that the CWindowDecorator stuff in the backtrace is a red herring and that "WARNING <general>: wayland-client log message: wl_drm@11: error 0: authenticate failed" is closer to the actual issue
Hi there. I saw a GitHub issue I opened has been mentioned in this thread.
Let me add some more details in case they help.

1. I'm running the latest flatpak version (see here)
2. This is the stdout log when running with WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 (in order to do this, I first run "flatpak run --command=bash tv.kodi.Kodi" and then, once inside the flatpak "container", this other command: "WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 kodi")
3. This is the kodi.log file
@greenfoo Thanks. It looks like VA-API is trying to authenticate a render node and failing. Can you run WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 vainfo and maybe ls -l /dev/dri/by-path on the host and the latter also in the container? And just to confirm, you can run Kodi OK directly on your OS without the flatpak?
Also both of you please tell me which compositors you use and maybe try it with another one, preferably weston :-)
Thanks yol.

Remember I'm running the flatpak version, thus in order to run "vainfo" I had to copy the "vainfo" binary from the "host" to the flatpak "container" first:

bash:

$ cp /usr/bin/vainfo .var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/temp
$ flatpak run --command=bash tv.kodi.Kodi
 [📦 tv.kodi.Kodi ~]$ .var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/temp/vainfo  
wl_drm@6: error 0: authenticate failed
VA error: wayland: Wayland roundtrip error: Protocol error (errno 71)
libva info: VA-API version 1.8.0
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with invalid VADisplay, driver_name = (null)
vaInitialize failed with error code 3 (invalid VADisplay),exit

If I re-run with WAYLAND_DEBUG=1, like this...
bash:

[📦 tv.kodi.Kodi ~]$ WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 .var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/temp/vainfo
...then I get the output shown here.

I'm using Sway but I tried with Gnome and obtained the same result, but only with the flatpak version (that's why I originally opened the issue only in the github repository that manages Kodi's flatpak port). If I run the Kodi version provided by my distro package manager, it works without problems (both vainfo and kodi):

bash:

$ vainfo
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.11 (libva 2.11.1)
vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 21.1.0 for AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics (RAVEN, DRM 3.40.0, 5.12.3-arch1-1, LLVM 11.1.0)
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile2            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc

Finally, this is how "/dev/dri/by-path" looks like inside and outside the flatpak "container":

bash:

[📦 tv.kodi.Kodi ~]$ ls /dev/dri/by-path/ -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nfsnobody nfsnobody  8 May 15 19:31 pci-0000:05:00.0-card -> ../card0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nfsnobody nfsnobody 13 May 15 16:11 pci-0000:05:00.0-render -> ../renderD128

bash:

$ ls /dev/dri/by-path/ -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  8 May 15 19:31 pci-0000:05:00.0-card -> ../card0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 15 16:11 pci-0000:05:00.0-render -> ../renderD128

Knowing almost nothing about how flatpaks are built, could this be an issue in the way Kodi was packaged as a flatpak? Maybe something extra in the flatpak manifest needs to be done to allow access to these devices? (I tried to run "vainfo" on other flatpaks and it also failed, but maybe those other flatpak apps don't need vaapi to run and they never bothered to add that capability to the manifest?)
Pages: 1 2