Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weird NFS? issue on LibreELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a fresh KODI 19 (LibreELEC 9.95.2) to my Pi4. I recently acquired a Synology DS916+ and so I moved my entire library over there. I set it up to connect via NFS. 

Within KODI I have no Movies or TV selections. At first I assumed that was because I had nothing in my library yet (could still be the case). Inside the Videos tab I added source and I began adding each of the sources for my movies and TV shows. I could navigate to the folders fine, set them up as Movies/TV etc. but then nothing populates. It doesn't add anything to the library.

Within Videos I can navigate to the individual movies and play them just fine, but I'm navigating through a file structure.

Before the Synology I had all content on my PC and connected via SMB, which is why I'm assuming it's an NFS issue. I've never used NFS before, but I was instructed to connect KODI to the Synology in this way.

FWIW It's also set up as a KODI server with MariaDB10. 

Here is my log file
(2021-05-14, 00:27)thebundok Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed a fresh KODI 19 (LibreELEC 9.95.2) to my Pi4. I recently acquired a Synology DS916+ and so I moved my entire library over there. I set it up to connect via NFS. 

Are you sure you are using NFS.

2021-05-14 00:04:55.306 T:939 ERROR <general>: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.10.183/TV%20Media/Movies/AVI%27s' unix_err:'1' error : 'Operation not permitted'
2021-05-14 00:04:56.924 T:939 ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://192.168.10.183/TV Media/Movies/AVI's

And if you are, are you sure that the NFS share is shared to the correct user - do you need a password?

You also say you are using MariaDB10. I'm not familiar with that, but I'm using the same LibreElec version, with a QNAP NAS, NFS shares, and the 'standard' Kodi database (just add the shares in Kodi and let it scan). In fact, when you add the shares, are you selecting the content type and getting it to scan? Perhaps the log we need would be remove the shares, then add them back in and scan.

But honestly, LibreElec 9.95.2 works perfectly with NFS shares.
(2021-05-14, 00:27)thebundok Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW It's also set up as a KODI server with MariaDB10. 
The Kodi database only stores metadata and file links, it does not interfere in the actual file streaming process.

(2021-05-14, 00:27)thebundok Wrote: [ -> ]Before the Synology I had all content on my PC and connected via SMB, which is why I'm assuming it's an NFS issue. I've never used NFS before, but I was instructed to connect KODI to the Synology in this way.
Instructed, lol. By who? As already asked, what are you actually using, or better yet: what do you really want to use, NFS or SMB ? Both should work just fine.

Code:
2021-05-13 23:33:36.875 T:939 INFO <general>: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
Please enable debugging for a more details log file when you are troubleshooting stuff.
(2021-05-14, 09:16)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you are using NFS.

Definitely sure. Based on the two errors you highlighted I went into the LibreELEC settings and disabled SMB (even though I had no SMB sources added). No idea why it was searching that IP with SMB or why it would matter, but the problem solved itself as soon as I disabled SMB in the LibreELEC settings.

(2021-05-14, 11:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Instructed, lol. By who?
FWIW - I used this guide to set up the central management server and this guide for enabling NFS between the Synology and the LibreELEC pi4.

Anyway, thank you both for taking the time to help out. Smile Now on to other problems! Big Grin