Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How does the Deinterlace Method option work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Live TV is usually interlaced where I live, so I need deinterlacing enabled to watch it. If I set the deinterlace method to "VAAPI - Motion compensated" and then use the "Set as default for all media" option, does that mean Kodi is trying to deinterlace everything else I watch too, including progressive content like Youtube and most other local media?

Is there a way to check if Kodi is actually currently deinterlacing anything, other than eyeballing it? Thanks
(2021-05-22, 03:40)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]does that mean Kodi is trying to deinterlace everything else I watch too, including progressive content

No, progressive won't be deinterlaced.

(2021-05-22, 03:40)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to check if Kodi is actually currently deinterlacing anything, other than eyeballing it?

Press the 'o' key when playing a video.
When using the default skin (Estuary) there will be some technical info about the content you are playing, if you are using another skin that info may or may not be present.
If e.g. "Vaapi - Motion compensated" is enabled _and_ the video is interlaced you should see Deinterlace method: vaapi-madi
If any deinterlace method is enabled but the video is progressive you should see Deinterlace method: unknown
(2021-05-22, 04:51)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-22, 03:40)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]does that mean Kodi is trying to deinterlace everything else I watch too, including progressive content

No, progressive won't be deinterlaced.

(2021-05-22, 03:40)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to check if Kodi is actually currently deinterlacing anything, other than eyeballing it?

Press the 'o' key when playing a video.
When using the default skin (Estuary) there will be some technical info about the content you are playing, if you are using another skin that info may or may not be present.
If e.g. "Vaapi - Motion compensated" is enabled _and_ the video is interlaced you should see Deinterlace method: vaapi-madi
If any deinterlace method is enabled but the video is progressive you should see Deinterlace method: unknown
A perfect answer, thank you very much.