Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies and TV shows as music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since upgrading to 19.1 many of my movies and tv shows play as music.

Screen shows DVD with disk, searches for lyrics And shows still picture on screen.

I am on Android and Aeon MQ 8 modified for kodi 19, what am I missing?
(2021-05-24, 22:58)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Since upgrading to 19.1 many of my movies and tv shows play as music.

Screen shows DVD with disk, searches for lyrics And shows still picture on screen.

Probably a skin issue, did you try with Estuary?
(2021-05-24, 23:44)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-24, 22:58)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Since upgrading to 19.1 many of my movies and tv shows play as music.

Probably a skin issue, did you try with Estuary?
Yes the same results.
interesting, I had a user with a "Minx tha9" (think this must be typo?) DM me that Foxtel Go add-on now plays everything as music for him...
I've asked him if he is on 19.1...
(he has confirmed he recently switched to 19.1)

@rocko
Is is happening with locally stored media? or just streaming?
Also, a debug log is always a good idea to post Smile
I have a vague memory there were some changes to player rules a short while ago

I think @black_eagle made the changes? maybe?
@Karellen Don't recall making any changes to player rules.  However, as @matthuisman says, gonna need a proper debug log from @rocko to see what's going on.
(2021-05-25, 09:02)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Don't recall making any changes to player rules
Sorry. I remember a conversation about Music and not being able to play Bluray albums or such. I didn't follow the topic closely.
(2021-05-25, 09:22)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. I remember a conversation about Music and not being able to play Bluray albums or such. I didn't follow the topic closely.

No problem, it might be something I can look at anyway.  In the meantime, I'll note that I do not have this problem with Linux and v20.  Everything plays with the correct player.
Looking for something else, and came across this report. I think this is what I was vaguely recalling which I don't think affects this issue... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18025
So I had a user who fixed similar issue by switching inputstream adaptive setting for Media from All to Video. They say they still get audio as well... Very strange. But maybe something this user could try. Obviously this would only affect add-ons using inputstream adaptive
(2021-05-29, 23:43)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]So I had a user who fixed similar issue by switching inputstream adaptive setting for Media from All to Video. They say they still get audio as well... Very strange. But maybe something this user could try. Obviously this would only affect add-ons using inputstream adaptive
Finally figured it out. I don't know why this worked but it did.

In Imputstream adaptive under expert I turned on "Don't use secure decoder if possible" and now all shows that were playing as music are playing okay again.
What addons were having the issue by the way?
(2021-08-14, 21:32)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]What addons were having the issue by the way?
Crackle, CBS ,Three Now ,TV New Zealand , Netflix that I can remember.

Others worked fine such as 7 plus , 9 now ,WNBC to name a few.

I ran thru all my addons and all work fine now.