Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on outdated iOS 9.3.5 - is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just got an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5 for free. I know this is quite outdated, however the LCD is still decent and I'd like to use it for my 2 and 4 years old children as I won't regret when they damage it... Smile

I've been wondering if it's still possible to get Kodi working with this device. Found some articles about this, but apparently these are outdated by now. Here's what I've tried so far:

- NO JAILBREAK, using Cydia Impactor + Kodi IPA - not working, ending up with "teams empty" error
- WITH JAILBREAK (Phoenix) using Cydia - not working, ending up with some errors as well

I've been looking to test the App Signer and X Code solution, however after I found it works only 7 days with free dev account and needs doing it again afterwards I gave up - I definitely won't be doing this.

Is there still any way how to get Kodi working on iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5 in 2021?

Many thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

For me the best option for you is to jailbreak your device and install Kodi 32-bit from Cydia.
No need to add any source, Kodi is available on the default BigBoss source.

Feel free to ask if you need any help.
(2021-05-25, 17:59)sy6sy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

For me the best option for you is to jailbreak your device and install Kodi 32-bit from Cydia.
No need to add any source, Kodi is available on the default BigBoss source.

Feel free to ask if you need any help.

I have done this but when I try to to download from cydia it's downloading fine but when the installing process is happening its end up with some errors. It's says (unable to copy file or something like that). How can I fix this. Please help me....
instalar o aplicativo appcake, pelo aplicativo eu consigo instalar o kodi deu certinho no ios 9.3.5 .
kodi esta na versao 17.4
The forum language is English only please.

The suggestion may be an option, but it is a very old version of Kodi and so would be unsupported by a lot of addons (and by us, as it is well beyond our normal range).

(2022-04-18, 02:12)xandi2210 Wrote: [ -> ]install the appcake app, through the app I can install kodi it worked fine on ios 9.3.5.
kodi is in version 17.4