Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fedora 34 Kodi 19.1 Audio passthrough disabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I just upgraded my PC from F32 to 34. So far all seems to be working except Kodi 19.1. I just realised audio passtrough has been disabled. Any suggestions? I use to run the command 'pasuspender -- env KODI_AE_SINK=ALSA kodi' from terminal to disable pulseaudio for Dolby TrueHD. But this doesnt seem to be working anymore. I am getting an error 'Failure to suspend: No such entity'.

Did anyone experience this problem?
(2021-05-27, 19:16)rahul_01 Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting an error 'Failure to suspend: No such entity'.

Officially, Team Kodi does not hand out support for Fedora OS machines. Fedora also does its own compiling, packaging and releasing of Kodi.
So, changes in setups/solutions in Fedora are possible. Perhaps you can also check the Fedora forums for any similar experiences?
Didn't Fedora introduce Pipewire?
(2021-05-27, 21:46)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't Fedora introduce Pipewire?

Hi Fritsch, yes, beeen looking up and look like they did. So does Kodi does not support pipewire?
Fedora 34 switched to Pipewire and quick research showed that it doesn't support passthrough yet, so you might need to roll audio framework back to Pulseaudio with
Code:
sudo dnf swap --allowerasing pipewire-pulseaudio pulseaudio

I had a similar issue with passthrough and managed to restore it partially https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362843
(2021-05-28, 02:03)von_Zeppelin Wrote: [ -> ]Fedora 34 switched to Pipewire and quick research showed that it doesn't support passthrough yet, so you might need to roll audio framework back to Pulseaudio with
Code:
sudo dnf swap --allowerasing pipewire-pulseaudio pulseaudio

I had a similar issue with passthrough and managed to restore it partially https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362843
Thanks problem solved after rolling back to pulseaudio.