Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio change from kodi 18.9 to 19.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I had kodi 18 installed, and purchased a new Surround receiver recently, the old one was hard to setup, and i was never really happy with the low dialogue volume coming from the center (no matter what settings i tried)

The new receiver with the kodi 18, changed the dialogue from only the center, to start sending the dialogue out to the surround speakers (which helped with dialogue alot, as we sit next to the surround speakers)

Today, i tried upgrading to kodi 19, and this messed everything up for me (most likely because i had dodgy addons, that i was not even using) , so i deceided to completely wipe my install.

I instaled ubuntu 21.04, and kodi 19.1

This changed the way my audio output worked, now i am back to dialogue from center speaker only (the way it was designed) 

What was outputting dialogue to my surround speakers on version 18? , is that a setting i can change on kodi 19?

I have tried all kinds of settings on my new av receiver, but i cannot get this setup again (and i did not change anything on my av receiver, only reinstalled the os & kodi)

Sorry for a strange and hard to understand post, but this is what happened to my setup.

Br
Patric