Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Troubleshooting a stuttering 2160p MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Trying out a new 2160p file and playback stutters, and I'm not sure why. It could just be the hardware is not powerful enough, but I don't know enough to determine that.

The log is here, which starts right after I open the file

https://paste.kodi.tv/uxobivahex.kodi

My current hardware is a ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard with 4GB RAM. I understand the likely culprit is this isn't powerful enough to playback these files smoothly, but I would just like to know for sure.
(2021-06-06, 06:16)SwedishHeat Wrote: [ -> ]The log is here,

That is not a log file, that is only a minute portion of the complete log file.
Also, debugging in Kodi does not seem to be enabled.

4K files are typically using the HEVC video format. If your video card is from the same era as your motherboard, then your setup is not suited for processing this type of video.
(2021-06-06, 06:20)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-06, 06:16)SwedishHeat Wrote: [ -> ]The log is here,

That is not a log file, that is only a minute portion of the complete log file.
Also, debugging in Kodi does not seem to be enabled.

4K files are typically using the HEVC video format. If your video card is from the same era as your motherboard, then your setup is not suited for processing this type of video.

Okay, understood. My build is about 5 years old, I think that was before HEVC was a thing. It just uses onboard video, doesn't even have a video card. I won't bother further with the full log, as clearly it's a hardware issue, not an error I can fix. Thank you for looking into it.
Is file 60 frames per second?