Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to properly configure the scrape of images for collections (sagas)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
What is the process for retrieving image backgrounds and logos relating to Film Collections.
What is the scraper used and its configuration?
Because even for the very well known, the research is not done or very badly.
As much as it worked well with Artworkbeef with Kodi Leia, As much as it is limited with Kodi Matrix.
Maybe it's a configured language problem?
If I'm going to search for an image or fanart or logo for a collection, I have very little response (or none at all) and thumbnails that don't show up. While this exists on TMDB.
In short, I have to go find them on tmdb to load them locally.
Note : Kodi 19.1, windows 10, Mariadb

Thanks for a little help
@Aphykit2006

Movie set artwork should scrape along with standard artwork. No special steps unless you are using local artwork.

Which movie sets? - give me a couple of names and their links at TMDB
Which scraper are you using?
Which language are you trying to scrape
Have you set the Movie Set folder... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ion_folder

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape movie sets.
(2021-06-08, 10:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Aphykit2006

Movie set artwork should scrape along with standard artwork. No special steps unless you are using local artwork.

Which movie sets? - give me a couple of names and their links at TMDB
Which scraper are you using?
Which language are you trying to scrape
Have you set the Movie Set folder... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ion_folder

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape movie sets.
Hello
Thank you for answering me
we are talking about collections, not films
I'm talking about sagas (Collection) because for films it works well.

I use universal movie scrapper, But it's for the movies (I have tested with all of them).
What is the scrapper used for the sagas ?
Regarding the language, I have configured French, but where does that go for the sagas?

For star wars Saga it works fine
ie : Occupation - Saga   No covers with Kodi but exist in TMBD  https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/788750

It's almost all who do this, luckily I had Kodi19 + artwork beef before
I will do a log + photos later (am at the office)
Regards
(2021-06-08, 12:19)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]ie : Occupation - Saga   No covers with Kodi but exist in TMBD  https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/788750
There is no fanart for that collection.
There is no French or English poster for that collection. So there is nothing to download.
You set your language, and the fallback is English if your chosen language has no artwork.
I have no idea what language Interlingue; Occidental is.
(2021-06-08, 12:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-08, 12:19)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]ie : Occupation - Saga   No covers with Kodi but exist in TMBD  https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/788750
There is no fanart for that collection.
There is no French or English poster for that collection. So there is nothing to download.
You set your language, and the fallback is English if your chosen language has no artwork.
I have no idea what language Interlingue; Occidental is.
Hi. Thank you.
But Occupation - saga had a cover and Kodi not see the cover.

Another try : Ant-man Saga     : Ant-Man - Saga   : https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/422834

Select Picture   :  cover or  fanart or  clearlogo .... :

Il i scroll down: (  cover or  fanart or  clearlogo .... : some covers appears, but not collection cover , not fanart, not  clearlogo.

I can reproduce on 3 different computer, with or without Skin ( i use Titan Mod).
and with a lot of sagas. Ie :  fantastic four : Nok, Alien : Nok, Avengers OK, Aquaman (only cover and fanart, normal) , Welcome to zomlieland : Nok,   etc...
What is the mechanism that will seek out the covers, fanart and other pictures for sagas ?
May be is missing something on my 3 computer ?
here is a log with kodi on my file server.
There is a basic configuration , only for manage database.
kuyererazo.kodi (paste)

Many thanks for your time.
Note : i can try different setup but with windows.
Regards
Hi
I think 'Interlingue' is no / all languages.
(2021-06-08, 15:48)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]But Occupation - saga had a cover and Kodi not see the cover.
I already said you have two options. The first option is your chosen language- French. If there is no French poster, then it falls back to English, which is the second option. If there is no French and no English posters, then you get nothing. You will just need to manually download the artwork you want to local files. Or update the selection at TMDB.

Are you actually scraping these movies or are the movies and collections existing in your mysql database and you are simply trying to change artwork? I don't think you have scraped these movies recently. You certainly have not scraped Ant-Man recently. Maybe you are using nfo files?

Also you have Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed. You will need to remove them to receive further assistance.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hi

Are you actually scraping these movies 
are the movies and collections existing in your mysql database and you are simply trying to change artwork? => Yes and Yes
I don't think you have scraped these movies recently. You certainly have not scraped Ant-Man recently. => Yes of course.
Maybe you are using nfo files? => Yes, generated with kodi 18 and older + metadata editor (i add 3d genre for my usage)

OUPS Eek I have Banned Add-on ?? These are probably test scraps.
I'll take a look and remove them and all oldies and unused. It's very good, so I can purify this kodi; Thank you.
Here is a new log, hope is good.
ubokurazos.kodi (paste)

Yes, all my movies-collections are scrapped in v18 with much more success and ease than with v19.
I regret Artwork beef which allowed to load images and logos, even for a saga created manually (for example Justice league + Justice league Zack ...).
But I understood a little better, I think the problem is how the saga was created
Well, I just have to recreate most of my old collections, hoping that it works better.

It would be good to extend the manual search (other languages and films assimilated) in case of .
Regards
(2021-06-09, 10:54)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]are the movies and collections existing in your mysql database and you are simply trying to change artwork? => Yes and Yes
I don't think you have scraped these movies recently. You certainly have not scraped Ant-Man recently. => Yes of course.
Maybe you are using nfo files? => Yes, generated with kodi 18 and older + metadata editor (i add 3d genre for my usage)
Ok, so this is the problem.

TheMovieDB conducted a massive artwork purge early to middle of last year. They deleted tens of thousands of images from what I heard.
Because you scraped the movies before the purge, the artworks were valid and worked.
Now after the purge, the artwork no longer exists which is why there is no artwork.
You need to rescrape to get the new artwork links.

You can see that for yourself in your log. Go down to line 1361, and you will see lots of entries like the following. Now try opening that link in your web browser.
xml:
DEBUG <general>: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/gOWpY...AgjsyQ.jpg

It's got nothing to do with which version of kodi or which scraper you are using. It is simply that the artwork does not exist anymore.

The benefits of saving your artwork locally is that this problem never happens.
Ok
thanks a lot.
I'll try
Regards
Hi
Another question :
I refreshed sagas on one computer : ok ( hard work, need delete saga before refresh movies) + artwork dump for dl pictures.
Movie folder is shared, i use maria db. But, on others computer : movies are refreshed , saga not.
I try to delete texture13 but no result.
Any suggest ?
(2021-06-10, 18:42)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]I refreshed sagas on one computer : ok ( hard work, need delete saga before refresh movies) + artwork dump for dl pictures.
How are you deleting sagas?
The proper way is to delete the movies that belong to the saga.

Are you using nfo files or are you scraping from the internet?
I'll need a Debug Log that captures you scraping the movies belonging to the collection.
(2021-06-10, 23:02)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-10, 18:42)Aphykit2006 Wrote: [ -> ]I refreshed sagas on one computer : ok ( hard work, need delete saga before refresh movies) + artwork dump for dl pictures.
How are you deleting sagas?
The proper way is to delete the movies that belong to the saga.

Are you using nfo files or are you scraping from the internet?
I'll need a Debug Log that captures you scraping the movies belonging to the collection.
Hi , thanks for spending time with me.
For deleting saga : Movies / Saga =>  right click / manage / remove from media library.
Then just refresh the movie (without using .nfo) ; Kodi recreates the saga well

I think I found out why.

Quote:2021-06-11 08:49:15.303 T:556     DEBUG <general>: Caching image 'smb://SAM/Sv_FILMS/Annabelle - Saga/poster.jpg' to '4/44ee299a.jpg':
2021-06-11 08:49:15.325 T:556     DEBUG <general>: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/4/44ee299a.jpg' size 505x720
2021-06-11 08:49:15.348 T:556     DEBUG <general>: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url C:\Sv_FILMS\Annabelle - Saga\fanart1.jpg
2021-06-11 08:49:19.912 T:7476    DEBUG <general>: Keyboard: scancode: 0x54, sym: 0x316, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2021-06-11 08:49:19.912 T:7476    DEBUG <general>: CInputManager::HandleKey: printscreen (0xf0db) pressed, action is Screenshot
2021-06-11 08:49:19.914 T:7476     INFO <general>: Loading skin file: FileBrowser.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2021-06-11 08:49:19.934 T:7476    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Init (FileBrowser.xml) ------
2021-06-11 08:49:20.378 T:556     DEBUG <general>: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url C:\Sv_FILMS\Annabelle - Saga\fanart4.jpg

I copied / pasted the folder 'Sv_Films' locally, and: Miracle: everything is displayed.
The folder for films has not been read by the network. It's my fault because on the Nas kodi (the one I use for management), I had declared Local access.
I redid its configuration with an Smb access, I would do some tests to confirm / deny this later ..

Here is the log before correction. (I hope for no bad addon) (kodi client)
okucakodas.kodi (paste)

Regards

[EDIT]  => It's work with smb access (Movie information folder)     Laugh