Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suddenly having trouble with Library Scraping after 19.1 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm suddenly having an issue updating my movie library since the 19.1 update. I have two Kodi installations that are configured the same (AFAIK). One is on my Windows 10 computer, one is on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro. The Sheild TV Kodi is mapped to the same movie folder as on my Windows PC via SMB. Both are configured to use the Universal Movie Scraper. The Windows-installed Kodi seems to have no trouble adding movies to my library. The Shield installed Kodi is having trouble adding movies, despite the fact that they are the same movies and same files as on the computer.

I noticed it when I was trying to add "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" to  Shield Kodi. The movie scanned to my library with no issue on the Windows Kodi but refused to scan on the Shield Kodi. I can see the movie in the file folder and when I manually try to "scan to library" , it always comes back with "no information found". I'm perplexed, because its the same file and file name as on my computer. The Shield Kodi refuses to add it to the library but the Windows Kodi adds it right away.

I have tried updating all the scraper add-ons, including the Universal Scraper, Movie Database (and Python) and Film web. I've tried scraping with each movie scraper and none of them seem to add this movie. I tied adjusting the settings for the scrapers as well with no luck.

During my troubleshooting, I accidentally rescanned my entire library. During this re-scan many of my movies that were originally in my library were now missing. These movies were previously scanned into my library using the Universal scraper but now they are not being added. Some of these movies include The Conjuring, Annihilation,  Annabelle Comes Home, Ford vs Ferrari, and others.

I'm not sure what I am missing. All these movies add to the Windows Kodi with no issue but the Shield Kodi is hit-or-miss. I have tried to force-stop the Shield Kodi and also cleared the cache but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Viken
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-06-13, 05:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello,

I think I did this correctly: https://paste.kodi.tv/ipakosobim

Not sure if the Auto-Update worked but I tried manual updates.
(2021-06-13, 06:11)vikenk Wrote: [ -> ]I think I did this correctly: https://paste.kodi.tv/ipakosobim
Yep, that is correct, thanks.

xml:
VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://elite8300/pictures and videos/Movies/' due to no change (fasthash)
INFO <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

I'll assume you have correctly set up your Source and scraper is active, and you do have new movies in there.

It looks like you have tried scanning that folder so many times, that Kodi has given up and said, there is nothing new stop asking me. Smile Why Kodi forced you to scan so many times, instead of just scraping first time, I can't tell from this log.

A few ways to fix this, but I think the second, third or fourth method are best for you...

The first way is the easiest way which is just renaming the /Movies/ folder to something else like /Movies 1/ but because there is another Kodi instance using the same folder, this method can't be used.

Second way is to delete your Kodi data folder (wiki) and start again, but if you have set up a skin with new menu items etc, it can be tedious rebuilding it. But looks like you are using default skin and no extra add-ons are installed, so it may not be too hard.

The third way is to delete the MyVideos119.db, Textures13 files and the /thumbnails/ folder and rebuild your library from new. See the Userdata link below for locations

Fourth way is to add this code to your advancedsettings.xml file, which will disable the (fasthash) issue. The only downside is that the Library Update will take a bit longer, depending on how large your library is.
Looks like you don't have an advancedsettings.xml file, so you will need to create it and add the code. Then restart Kodi and run your update library. Once you have scraped your library, you can remove that file.

xml:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
<videolibrary>
<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

The file is saved here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
(2021-06-13, 06:11)vikenk Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if the Auto-Update worked but I tried manual updates.
Ah, bugger. I should have scrolled down a little bit more in your log. Ignore the above post.

xml:
ERROR <general>: Unable to lookup host: 'elite8300'

Looks like there is a problem connecting to your NAS.
(2021-06-13, 07:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-13, 06:11)vikenk Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if the Auto-Update worked but I tried manual updates.
Ah, bugger. I should have scrolled down a little bit more in your log. Ignore the above post.

xml:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. When I started the debugger I restarted Kodi as suggested in the Wiki. When I restarted, the auto library-update flashed so quickly I wasn't actually sure if it checked anything.

As for the NAS, I don't think I'm having any trouble connecting to it. I can play the movie files directly though the file share. Also, When I re-scan my library it does update some moves but not others. That would indicate that it's not having any trouble connecting to the NAS.

I just tied rescanning my library again on the Shield Kodi using a different scraper but I get the same results. Most of the movies are identified but not all of them. I find it interesting that if I browse directly to the share, the movies that have NOT been successfully scanned to the library still have the file extension visible. Movies that HAVE been successfully scanned do NOT have a file extension. IN either case, I can play all of them.

I rebuilt my library on my the Windows Kodi installation and all the movies were added to the library and none were skipped. Bizarre...

*EDIT* I also just deleted the Videos and Textures databases from the Shield Kodi installation and it did not solve the problems. The same movie files are still skipped...

Any other ideas?

Viken
(2021-06-13, 07:55)vikenk Wrote: [ -> ]I can play the movie files directly though the file share. Also, When I re-scan my library it does update some moves but not others. That would indicate that it's not having any trouble connecting to the NAS.
Ok, then I need to see that captured in the log, and that, hopefully, will provide a clearer picture, along with you unable to scrape movies. Your other log simply shows trouble connecting to the NAS, but there is nothing in it to show that you can connect to the NAS.
(2021-06-13, 07:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

xml:

Hello Karellen,

Here's my latest Logfile:https://paste.kodi.tv/ecoqatideg

I started the debug log then restarted Kodi as instructed. My sequence was as follows:

1. I went to the movie library and did an "Update Library"
2. Navigated to the share and manually scanned a movie (Annabelle Comes Home) to the library and it failed.
3. I played that same movie through the share succesfully.
4. I repeated the sequence for a second movie (The Conjuring).

Both movies had previously been scanned to my library but did not add after the re-scan. The Exorcism of Emily Rose still does not scan to the library and never has. 

I hope this log file reveals something because I'm totally mystified...

Viken
Is "Use video tags" disabled in Settings -> Media -> Videos?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...video_tags

Lines 2347 & 2349 in the log might suggest that it's enabled. If it is, since your files are named properly, I'd disable that setting.
(2021-06-14, 20:20)ponkotsu Wrote: [ -> ]Is "Use video tags" disabled in Settings -> Media -> Videos?

Lines 2347 & 2349 in the log might suggest that it's enabled. If it is, since your files are named properly, I'd disable that setting.

Thanks! That made the difference! Scanning to the library works for all my videos now.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

VikenK
Thanks a lot man, I was looking for a tips, and I found you !

Thanks !
(2021-06-14, 20:20)ponkotsu Wrote: [ -> ]Is "Use video tags" disabled in Settings -> Media -> Videos?

LEGEND !!!!!!

7 yrs later and after weeks of pulling my hair out this post has stopped me jumping into a straight jacket !!
​​​​​​​Thx @ponkotsu
I know it's an old post but this is AMAZING!!  I've been struggling with the random not-scraping issue forever!  I have five nVidia Shields and only one scrapes properly, so I've had to load the new movies on that one, back up the library to separate files, and then turn the other ones on so it can pick up the .nfo file. 

I'm so happy now!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!

Thank you LionFeen for bringing this to the top of the forum list!