Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Current stable release stickied?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could we sticky a post with the current stable release version in the post title and a link to where to get that version?

Perhaps would that also be a handy place to have a link to the latest unstable version?

On LibreELEC 9.2.6 (18.9.0 - Leia) ... the current version seems to be 3.2.123 though I notice the github commit "Bump version to 3.4.19".

Some clarifying instructions on how to install an unstable release would be great as well Smile
(2021-06-14, 07:28)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]Could we sticky a post with the current stable release version in the post title and a link to where to get that version?

Perhaps would that also be a handy place to have a link to the latest unstable version?

On LibreELEC 9.2.6 (18.9.0 - Leia) ... the current version seems to be 3.2.123 though I notice the github commit "Bump version to 3.4.19".

Some clarifying instructions on how to install an unstable release would be great as well Smile
@raspberry_pd , the first post in the Amber main thread always has what the current versions are, on GitHub, the Amber repos and the Kodi repo.  That post also has a link to GitHub.

In order to install a release from GitHub for Leia (in your case):

1. Go to the GitHub link, Leia branch: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia.

2. There should be agreen button labeled "Code" near the top right of the web page.  Click that button and then click "Download ZIP" from the drop down that appears.  The zip file should download to whatever location you have decided in your system.

3. Use Kodi's "Install from Zip File" functionality to install the addon from the zip file you downloaded in the previous step.

That should install/update Amber to the latest GitHub release.  If you are updating, you will most likely see a black screen for a few seconds; this is normal during an in-place update.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-06-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-14, 07:28)raspberry_pd Wrote: [ -> ]Could we sticky a post with the current stable release version in the post title and a link to where to get that version?

@raspberry_pd , the first post in the Amber main thread always has what the current versions are, on GitHub, the Amber repos and the Kodi repo.  That post also has a link to GitHub.

In order to install a release from GitHub for Leia (in your case):

1. Go to the GitHub link, Leia branch: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia.

2. There should be agreen button labeled "Code" near the top right of the web page.  Click that button and then click "Download ZIP" from the drop down that appears.  The zip file should download to whatever location you have decided in your system.

3. Use Kodi's "Install from Zip File" functionality to install the addon from the zip file you downloaded in the previous step.

That should install/update Amber to the latest GitHub release.  If you are updating, you will most likely see a black screen for a few seconds; this is normal during an in-place update.

Regards,

Bart

Woohoo! Thanks. I could have figured that out myself if I was more switched on of late, but did not, so thanks for not jumping down my throat about it, much appreciated Smile