Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Paramount+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hey, big thanks for this!!! (Now how about a Peacock addon, lol)

First thing I noticed is HDR content like Discovery doesn’t work in HDR on my Odroid N2 Coreelec box. I tried The Stand which is true 4k/Dolby Vision on my Shield Pro, and while it played in 4k on my N2, the colors were all screwed up. Not sure if you’ll be able to get HDR10 output working on Widevine L1 devices. I was actually surprised 4k output of any kind worked.
They seem to not be enforcing L1. So all the qualities seem to work everywhere.

When you say HDR10, are you meaning the Dolby Vision content? If says DV next to the quality name. I think a lot of Kodi devices don't support DV yet so maybe that's the issue?

Anyway, I'll push an update with a toggle to enable Dolby Vision (off by default)
(2021-06-17, 20:30)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to not be enforcing L1. So all the qualities seem to work everywhere.

When you say HDR10, are you meaning the Dolby Vision content? If says DV next to the quality name. I think a lot of Kodi devices don't support DV yet so maybe that's the issue?

Anyway, I'll push an update with a toggle to enable Dolby Vision (off by default)

Well, Coreelec boxes don't support DV, so it would have to be either HDR10 or HDR10+. I haven't tried the addon on my 2019 Shield Pro yet, but I know when I tried it on my Coreelec box, HDR didn't turn on, The Stand was tinged green in 4k.
I'll check the manifest for The Stand. It may be DV only. I thought DV was backwards compatible though... Did the other qualities without DV in their name play in 4k?
(2021-06-17, 20:30)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to not be enforcing L1. So all the qualities seem to work everywhere.

I have a 2017 Shield in my bedroom (no DV), I'll try it on both my Shields and see what happens.
@Wagg
Here is the manifest:
https://vod-gcs-cedexis.cbsaavideo.com/i...stream.mpd

Looking at the filenames - the non "DV" H265 streams should actually HDR10+
So you should use them if your device / tv doesn't support Dolby Vision.
I'll add an add-on setting to enable it (disabled by default)

I was wrong thinking DV is backwards compatible.
I think I was thinking of Dolby Atmos

UPDATE:
Just pushed  0.0.7 that adds various audio / video toggles to the add-on settings.
By default - Dolby Vision is off.
You can also turn off 4k, H265, Accessibility Audio, DD, DD+
(2021-06-17, 23:47)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]@Wagg
Here is the manifest:

UPDATE:
Just pushed  0.0.7 that adds various audio / video toggles to the add-on settings.
Thx!!!! Ironic the official app still doesn’t support surround sound on the Shield but your addon does.

I will test everything and report back later.
I think iCarly might be enforcing L1 widevine for quality over 1920x1080. I need to use the mobile endpoint (instead of android tv) for playback on windows.
(2021-06-18, 03:14)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]I think iCarly might be enforcing L1 widevine for quality over 1920x1080. I need to use the mobile endpoint (instead of android tv) for playback on windows.

Yeah, that’s odd, Everything else I tried played back fine on my Coreelec box (Odroid N2) except for iCarly. It plays fine on both my Nvidia Shields.

Also, HDR10 output is working fine on both my 2017 Shield and Coreelec box with the Dolby Vision switch off.

Thanks again for the excellent work!!!

It’s just unfortunate there isn’t much on Paramount+ for me that’s worth watching outside of Trek. I’m hoping someone will get a Peacock addon working at some point- there’s a lot more interesting content on there.
4K UHD on Windows and Android? THANK YOU VIACOMCBS for doing something good for once!!
(2021-06-18, 01:10)Wagg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-17, 23:47)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]@Wagg
Here is the manifest:

UPDATE:
Thx!!!! Ironic the official app still doesn’t support surround sound on the Shield but your addon does.

I will test everything and report back later.

I'm getting max 4K with the iCarly (2021)
I think you'll find iCarly doesn't play on windows though
(2021-06-23, 21:15)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll find iCarly doesn't play on windows though

Nor Coreelec, but works fine on the Shield (as you would expect it to).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11