Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Splash Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am using the new updated version on Kodi 19.1 & its great, is there a way to add my own Slashscreen intro instead of the Kodi intro into this skin

Thanks
(2021-06-19, 13:03)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to add my own Slashscreen intro instead of the Kodi intro into this skin

Yes, there is. I'm just interested first if this will be a hack on your personal Kodi device only, or that you are planning some sort of distribution of our Kodi application without the consent from Team Kodi. If the latter is the case, you will be breaking copyrights and subsequent legal action could be taken.

EDIT: if you are referring to 3rd party skin splash screens, then you will have to get permission from the skin developer(s).

One other thing:
As per our forum rules (wiki), usernames representing a business is not allowed.
And since E4U Media is apparently a "Production House and Music Label" according to your Facebook account, I recommend you change your forum username.
This can be done here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...&page=last
(2021-06-19, 13:03)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I am using the new updated version on Kodi 19.1 & its great, is there a way to add my own Slashscreen intro instead of the Kodi intro into this skin

Thanks

Thanks! a short clip as video intro or only to replace this standard image?

(2021-06-19, 13:50)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-19, 13:03)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I am using the new updated version on Kodi 19.1 & its great, is there a way to add my own Slashscreen intro instead of the Kodi intro into this skin

Thanks

Hi I only want to replace the video intro but keep the kodi image file
(2021-06-19, 13:48)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-19, 13:03)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to add my own Slashscreen intro instead of the Kodi intro into this skin

Yes, there is. I'm just interested first if this will be a hack on your personal Kodi device only, or that you are planning some sort of distribution of our Kodi application without the consent from Team Kodi. If the latter is the case, you will be breaking copyrights and subsequent legal action could be taken.

EDIT: if you are referring to 3rd party skin splash screens, then you will have to get permission from the skin developer(s).

One other thing:
As per our forum rules (wiki), usernames representing a business is not allowed.
And since E4U Media is apparently a "Production House and Music Label" according to your Facebook account, I recommend you change your forum username.
This can be done here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...&page=last

Hi first of all my nick name E4U Media is my nickname for my Nas Drive which has all my media collection on it which is owed be me like my old 1970'S Laser disks, Also I do not have a facebook account under that name but my own name so please do not accuse me of having that account as it has nothing to do with me
(2021-06-19, 18:17)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]first of all my nick name E4U Media is my nickname for my Nas Drive
What a coincedence...

(2021-06-19, 18:17)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]so please do not accuse me of having that account as it has nothing to do with me

If you had done a simple google search (like I did) before creating your user name on our forum, you would have noticed that this exact name exists in quite a few places on the Internet. Hence my inquiry.
(2021-06-19, 18:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-19, 18:17)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]first of all my nick name E4U Media is my nickname for my Nas Drive
What a coincedence...
(2021-06-19, 18:17)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]so please do not accuse me of having that account as it has nothing to do with me

If you had done a simple google search (like I did) before creating your user name on our forum, you would have noticed that this exact name exists in quite a few places on the Internet. Hence my inquiry.

Having a bad day? Amazing exercise of despotism...

Usually its great to breath slowly an re-read before submiting comments.
(2021-06-20, 11:46)Cromseth Wrote: [ -> ]Having a bad day? Amazing exercise of despotism...

Nope, I'm feeling just fine here. Thanks.

Kodi has the reputation of its application to protect, popularity-wise as well as the legal side of things.
I don't think it's up to you to decide how that is done.
(2021-06-20, 12:27)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-20, 11:46)Cromseth Wrote: [ -> ]Having a bad day? Amazing exercise of despotism...

Nope, I'm feeling just fine here. Thanks.

Kodi has the reputation of its application to protect, popularity-wise as well as the legal side of things.
I don't think it's up to you to decide how that is done.

That has never been my intention, it's a gross and cheap fallacy. What is up to me is to express my opinion while not violating any rules of the forum.

I understand your reluctance and suspicions, but as long as the opposite is not proven, the user is one more like the others, and deserves the same treatment. Its called respect.
(2021-06-20, 13:00)Cromseth Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your reluctance and suspicions

No, you don't. You know that we have forum rules, which among other things state that no company names are allowed for user names.

(2021-06-20, 13:00)Cromseth Wrote: [ -> ]but as long as the opposite is not proven, the user is one more like the others, and deserves the same treatment.

Everyone does get the same treatment. That's way I'm inquiring about a forum user name.

I'm (still) having this small discussion with E4U Media, but for some reason you feel the need to dive in. Just like these people in internet videos who get in the face of the police during an argument they themselves were not even part of in the first place. All the while, you've practically hijacked the thread with your intervention. Congrats.

Team Kodi moderators will do checks whenever they deem it necessary. You do an internet search on "E4U Media" and see what you find.
But, you got your wish and I am becoming pretty pissed at having to explain my despotism to the next SJ warrior.
(2021-06-20, 13:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm (still) having this small discussion with E4U Media, but for some reason you feel the need to dive in. Just like these people in internet videos who get in the face of the police during an argument they themselves were not even part of in the first place. All the while, you've practically hijacked the thread with your intervention. Congrats.

AFAIK I have the right to participate in the thread and comment what I think appropriate, since it is a public forum. Your attitude towards the user has been despotic and disrespectful. I understand that you don't like that someone criticize you, but that attempt to discredit my opinion by not being in the discussion is ridiculous. You answered the user when he had not addressed you, so if you want to follow the discussion at least be coherent and dont accuse others of what you do too.

(2021-06-20, 13:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Team Kodi moderators will do checks whenever they deem it necessary. You do an internet search on "E4U Media" and see what you find.
But, you got your wish and I am becoming pretty pissed at having to explain my despotism to the next SJ warrior.

Team Kodi mods would do what the consider. You can report the user or the comment if you wish, but at least try not to look like the ass of the class. I despise SJW and bullies the same.

Be respectful and you won't have to explain anything to anyone.
Enough everyone.

The original user has a suspicious nickname, either intentionally (in that it's a front for a commercial entity) or accidentally. As has already been noted, we have rules against this forum being used by third party companies and suchlike as a stage for advertisement or promotion of their goods. This is especially true for media companies and those who sell "Kodi boxes", as in many cases we would have no desire or wish to be associated with them.

All that seems to be happening here is an enquiry concerning such a check has got somewhat out of hand. So everyone please calm down or this thread will be closed. There is an open response from @manfeed about the original question, so let's just get that answered and the request followed up.
(2021-06-19, 17:43)E4U Media Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-19, 13:50)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Hi I only want to replace the video intro but keep the kodi image file
Then you have to put your own intro.mkv clip in the folder addons\skin.aeon.tajo\extras and overwrite the existing one...