Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed moving breadcrumb label on TV Channel and Recording screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jjd-uk 
So, I managed to sort out all of the breadcrumb labels I wanted disable/hide, but there is one particular label I wish to move the current position on which proving to be more difficult than I first thought. I was hoping you might be able to give some pointers/guidance.

On both the TV Channel and Recording screens, when you click OK/Enter to start playback you get a breadcrumb label of what's currently playing in the top right corner, next to the system time. What I would like to do, is move this label(s) to the right side of scroll-bar in the the centre of the screen with the label aligning right back towards the system clock. I think I discovered where this particular label is located, but I only want to move it to this new position for the TV Channel and Recording screens only. I suspect if I had just went ahead and moved it, that might cause problems elsewhere where the screen does not have an info panel on the right side.

Also, I don't wish to see the system time and weather on the home screen, so wanted to know if it was fairly safe just to remove the TopBar breadcrumb label from the Home.xml? I did a quick tester and it seem to have the desired effect, but again I wasn't entirely sure if this might cause other issues by doing so.
Any feedback or guidance would be highly appreciated and a big help.
Cheers
I don't have the time today for a full reply.

When you refer to deleting TopBar to get rid of System Time and Weather, did you mean only those sections within TopBar? As it's TopBar that also contains the labels you are wanting to move, so if you completely remove the whole TopBar include you will the lose now playing details at the top.
(2021-06-21, 18:25)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]When you refer to deleting TopBar to get rid of System Time and Weather, did you mean only those sections within TopBar? As it's TopBar that also contains the labels you are wanting to move, so if you completely remove the whole TopBar include you will the lose now playing details at the top.
That's okay...No worries.
Ah, I hadn't immediately realised when I did test before that the 'Now Playing' details also appeared on the home screen since I didn't start any playback. So the answer is actually no, I don't want to see the Time, weather or the now playing details on the home screen. I tried doing the same thing again today (including starting playback) and it does seems to do exactly what I'm looking for, ie no breadcrumb labels appearing on the home screen. So, on that basis I guess it is fairly safe for me to just remove this breadcrumb label from the home.xml?
That's good that you're happy with doing that then, makes it easier for me too not having to go into the visibility conditions and duplicate code necessary to move those now playing details for the recordings and channels windows.
(2021-06-21, 22:22)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]That's good that you're happy with doing that then, makes it easier for me too not having to go into the visibility conditions and duplicate code necessary to move those now playing details for the recordings and channels windows.
Well, actually I still wanted to move the 'Now Playing' label on the PVR Info Panel. Removing the TopBar breadcrumb on the Home.xml only seems to remove labels from the home screen, as all the labels were still appearing on the PVR screens I wanted to change the position.
But I managed to sort it myself and sounds like I've done things correctly based on your reply. I created a duplicate group that controls this label with new co-ordinates but made the visibility only for the TV Channels, Recordings and Timer screens. On the original group, I hid the these screens from being displayed with the original screen co-ordinates. I guess that's pretty much the same as what you were going to say?
Reason I couldn't get things to work initially was although I was looking at right label, it was the located on the Custom_TopBar.xml which I only noticed tonight was for the TvChannelOSD and TvGuideOSD screens. The same label group exists on the includes.xml....But I got there eventually!  Wink
Thanks for the feedback....
Yep sounds like you worked out exactly what I planned to explain at a later time when I made my first reply.