Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to remove directory access from network drives in kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did some sleuthing and was not able to find an answer on my own unfortunately.

On my basement Nvidia Shield TV, I have things showing up under Video>Files from my network drives that I do not want there. They show up as hard drive icons rather than network drive icons. Bringing up the context menu does not give me the option to remove the source; only Add to favourites, Play, and Set content.

In the file manager I have all the directories on the root or my QNAP NAS showing up and no way to remove them.

I think I remember adding the root of my NAS to the file manager so that I could access everything on it and the external drives attached to it, not thinking that it would also show all the other folders I don't want kodi to have access to.

I looked in the sources.xml file and the only paths in there are leading to the media folders that I purposely mapped to. I am hoping someone can help me figure this out.
You added the shares at the android os level. Here is described how to add them:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shield/supp...ur-shield/

There you should also find the option to disconnect them.

Every app shows these shares as local drives.

Regards Hoppel
Wow, I forgot I did that. It must have been years ago when I first got the Shield TV. Disconnecting the network drive solved the issue. Thanks!
Thread marked solved.