Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] "Access Denied" on an actor thumbnail download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running EMM v1.10.0 x64

Trying to refresh Season 3 of Tin Star, and its failing - checking the EMM log, its showing:

2021-06-25 09:04:09.4575,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,16,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/191601.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"

testing the image directly : https://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/191601.jpg

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>35XJ2K5HHQXRRQKD</RequestId>
<HostId>3/Ug8sOUB/lmK16AEekFqGF/OcQzLMq/ac1l4/bx5aYfO4JqP+BbkMzTjqkwD2e0mobABBzgVWc=</HostId>
</Error>

Any ideas what to do? do i need to contact TVDB direct? or how can i switch scraper?
Maybe TVDb finally switched to the subscription model API. You can use TMDb as scraper instead.
(2021-06-25, 10:54)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe TVDb finally switched to the subscription model API. You can use TMDb as scraper instead.

Yes, looks like they have...I'm being a bit thick and can't see where to switch scraper?

ImageImage
(2021-06-25, 12:34)nsviper Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, looks like they have...I'm being a bit thick and can't see where to switch scraper?
You have a problem with your anti virus because no one of the scraper (external DLLs) has been loaded. The screen should look like that:

(2021-06-25, 12:48)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-25, 12:34)nsviper Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, looks like they have...I'm being a bit thick and can't see where to switch scraper?
You have a problem with your anti virus because no one of the scraper (external DLLs) has been loaded. The screen should look like that:

ah ok, will look into that, thought it looked a bit weird, cheers Wink
Reverted to v1.9.2 - even with AV disabled, and a clean re-install, the scrapers would not show up.

1.9.2 seems ok, scrapers all showing up etc.
Sorted. Seems Windows decided it wanted to block the DLLs loading, not AV, so...

Powershell Prompt and navigate to folder where EMM is installed, then run
Get-ChildItem -Recurse | Unblock-File

EMM now loads up and all scrapers are available.