Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyone using Kodi on a Monterey beta system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone using Kodi on a Monterey beta system?
If there is a problem, why not ask specific questions right away?
Now there is a chance that we waste several posts before we get to the bottom of your forum visit.
Sorry. I just wanted to ask if it works or not
There's no need to be a forum Nazi on this subject. Mac OS 12 Monterey has just been pushed to Apple's open beta program and those of us running Kodi on Big Sur currently are hesitant to upgrade as Apple are known for changing things in a way that can break third party software.

OP was right to create a new thread to initiate discussion around this subject as there are currently no other threads returned in a search for 'Monterey'. Personally I'm not updating until someone can confirm Kodi works on OS 12.
(2021-07-03, 23:52)alphabitnz Wrote: [ -> ]There's no need to be a forum Nazi on this subject.

You can either tone down your attitude right now, or you can be kicked off this forum right now. Making any references to Nazis towards Team Kodi will never be tolerated.
This is your first and final warning.

(2021-07-03, 23:52)alphabitnz Wrote: [ -> ]OP was right to create a new thread to initiate discussion around this subject as there are currently no other threads returned in a search for 'Monterey'

The question in the opening post was totally vague and could only be answered by yes or no. That's not quite useful, as often users have deeper issues with their setups when asking vague questions.
So now that you understand what this is all about, is there any official comment on Kodi support for Monterey?
O. K. Now i’m using Monterey beta system and Kodi is working very well.
(2021-07-03, 23:52)alphabitnz Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I'm not updating until someone can confirm Kodi works on OS 12.

Now you can.
Thanks kummer for raising the topic and being the guinea pig for the rest of us Smile
(2021-06-28, 16:05)kummer Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone using Kodi on a Monterey beta system?

I am currently on MacOS Monterey 12 Beta 5. I can install but i cannot install any repo. It says error such as "Couldn't retreive directory information. This could be due to network is not being connected. Would you like to add it any way?" How do i resolving the problem? It is due to Python? Because Monterey python is not working!