Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi from Android TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,
I wanted to know actually I have a Samsung UE65NU7025 with an android TV box provided with my ISP on which I have KODI I want to know if KODI can passthrough HDR10 and HDR10+ metadata and can it passthrough also every audio codec (Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DD+, DTS-HD, DTS:X, ...).

I am going to buy an Dolby Atmos soundbar and I would love to be informed about the audio passthrough before.

Thanks for your help !
This post should really be relegated to the Android forum, I'll move it along.

UHD and HDR need associated hardware to enable the function. You didn't give us any information about the box and it's graphic hardware, consequently as most of the Android boxes don't have this capability, I would say no. Check out the hardware section for boxes that do work, perhaps you can convince the ISP to spring for you?
(2021-06-29, 16:21)Gispah Wrote: [ -> ]can it passthrough
In wasapi pass-through mode, as the word implies, the audio is simply passed through to whatever device is connected, I would look carefully at the specifications of the TV to ensure that the audio signal can pass using eArc (enhanced audio return channel audio) to a sound bar.
(2021-06-29, 17:15)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]This post should really be relegated to the Android forum, I'll move it along.

UHD and HDR need associated hardware to enable the function. You didn't give us any information about the box and it's graphic hardware, consequently as most of the Android boxes don't have this capability, I would say no. Check out the hardware section for boxes that do work, perhaps you can convince the ISP to spring for you?
(2021-06-29, 16:21)Gispah Wrote: [ -> ]can it passthrough
In wasapi pass-through mode, as the word implies, the audio is simply passed through to whatever device is connected, I would look carefully at the specifications of the TV to ensure that the audio signal can pass using eArc (enhanced audio return channel audio) to a sound bar.

This is the hardware of the Android TV : S905X2 12 nm (4x ARM Cortex-A53, Mali G31) 2 Go of RAM and 16 Go of storage (Samsung KLM8G1GETF) and also with HDMI 2.0.
My TV doesn't have eArc only Arc but I wanted to put the Android Box on the soundbar so the image can be passthrough to the TV.
(2021-06-30, 12:26)Gispah Wrote: [ -> ]the Android Box on the soundbar so the image can be passthrough to the TV.
You'll likely see a mismatch of the audio, and that box just doesn't have the muscle you need but certainly give it a shot, then take your issues to the ISP and see if they'll update. You are the one with this equipment, so a report would be welcome to help others.