Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Home Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been searching for how to make the home screen default to the videos menu rather than the system menu in v19.1 Matrix and have found nothing.

I have gone into system under skin and selected everything I have in v17.6 Krypton, but nothing changes.  Here is how I want it to look when I first access the program.  How do I make this happen in v19.1 Matrix?  It isn't a really big deal.  But since I am using Kodi to watch videos, I would like it to default to being able to select what videos to watch, not how to set the system up.  I have obviously missed something somewhere.

(2021-07-03, 02:54)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]I've been searching for how to make the home screen default to the videos menu rather than the system menu in v19.1 Matrix and have found nothing.

I have gone into system under skin and selected everything I have in v17.6 Krypton, but nothing changes.  Here is how I want it to look when I first access the program.  How do I make this happen in v19.1 Matrix?  It isn't a really big deal.  But since I am using Kodi to watch videos, I would like it to default to being able to select what videos to watch, not how to set the system up.  I have obviously missed something somewhere.

there is a method - to 'Startup' in a menu item - so it will startup in the 'video's menu for example.  
i dont think you can startup on a certain menubar item(in the past i think you could of)
the method to startup in a menu item(not on a menu item on the bar) is - 
under System click on Settings.  
then click on Interface.  
highlight Startup - and click on the 'Startup Window' setting.  
and select an option.
That works, of course.  It just isn't as pretty as the home screen.
Change the Home.xml -

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
    <onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">Control.SetFocus(9000,1)</onload>
That's it!  Many thanks!!!!