Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poster.jpg Kodi 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to browse file mode, and have the "poster.jpg" show up as a thumbnail?

I use the confluence skin, and just recently redid my htpc. Before I was on Windows 10 and running Kodi 17 and this everything showed up the way it's supposed to.

I have since reinstalled Windows 10 and am now using Kodi 19, and only the folders with "folder.jpg" show a poster in my videos>files section. The folders with "poster.jpg" do not.

I feel this is a setting somewhere? Maybe something I overlooked?

I do not use Kodi for library, as my central sever uses emby to scrape everything and emby works on all the other tvs in the house, but my htpc I prefer to use Kodi as a file browser. I hope this makes sense.
(2021-07-09, 08:53)Walt87 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to browse file mode, and have the "poster.jpg" show up as a thumbnail?
This would be something supported in the skin. In file mode it would be safe to have both poster.jpg and folder.jpg. In folders that are recently added poster seems to take presidence, while older listings are happy with folder. Matrix seems to prefer folder, filling both thumb and folder in the default skin, while poster shows up as secondary. I tried this with a few skins and found different behaviour associate with views. My daily driver Kodi has been set with this in mind, but moving to other skins brings different behaviours.
(2021-07-09, 08:53)Walt87 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel this is a setting somewhere?
It might be nice to have an advancedsettings to replace folders, best requested in the feature requests area.
(2021-07-09, 08:53)Walt87 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not use Kodi for library
The Library is where Kodi comes alive, suggest that Video nodes (wiki) which allows for custom posters would be the work-round while still giving you access to file mode collections (with posters and fanart). Your inclusion of a central server and emby within multiple installations suggests a level of complexity best resolved by the user.