Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: installations are gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dear bart, how/where r u? i hope u r fine. 1.this is what just has happened- unexpectedly some of my installations like backgrounds are just gone and i was naturally very surprised...i had to find these installations which i like. a few weeks ago i had yr update. what i must do that this will not happen again? i think - nothing, and u? is this to explain, to prevent ? 2.  my wish is still to have the favourites in my ? mainbar where i have -addons,install.etc .is this case of the skin or kodi itself? can u add it in yr-my/our skin ? regards slawomir
(2021-07-20, 09:31)slawomir Wrote: [ -> ]dear bart, how/where r u? i hope u r fine. 1.this is what just has happened- unexpectedly some of my installations like backgrounds are just gone and i was naturally very surprised...i had to find these installations which i like. a few weeks ago i had yr update. what i must do that this will not happen again? i think - nothing, and u? is this to explain, to prevent ? 2.  my wish is still to have the favourites in my ? mainbar where i have -addons,install.etc .is this case of the skin or kodi itself? can u add it in yr-my/our skin ? regards slawomir
@slawomir , I am doing well, thank you, as I hope you are too.  I am not sure that I understand what the issue is.  Do you mean that the backgrounds you had selected for your menu items are not there any more, or is it something different? I have not changed the code in any way that affects backgrounds you already have set.  You can always turn off automatic updates for the skin in the addon info page for the skin.  

As for your second question, again, I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to do.  There is a Favourites main menu item already in the skin, is this not what you mean? Please clarify.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
hi, 1.yes i mean this - selected installation by me like - i had yes /in dutch/ in english- use ? default background for subvenster /window/ and the second one...for ?mainvenster...these two had  after ?demage - no! so now have them as -yes agian. it was strange/funny as at each? group  in  the main bar had a different background like once added ...christmas !no background which i added last time and the other had a default background, so it  was a nice mix...now its ok as ive adjusted them...now u know more about this. 2.  i use kodi on a good player/not on pc/ . this player has a remote control with an own button -favourites...its not that important but i  am curious if this is possible to add it to/on my ? mainbar? regards slawomir
hi, i have forgotten to tell that   this function-  subtitle button opens subtitle  settings in video osd-  i had yes, it ..came as no! now i put as yes, slawomir
@slawomir , unfortunately, I do not know what is happening/has happened in your system.  I have not done any code update that could change your skin settings.

Regards,

Bart
One simple advice: once you have a good running Kodi setup, make proper backups of your Kodi setup and of your entire computer.
Computers will go *poof* at some point. Be responsible for your own data.