Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlists and Movie Sets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, 

Long time Kodi user but first time poster (started back in Gotham days) , always with some form of Aeon skin (currently running Silvo on Matrix 19.1).
Back in those days, I could have sworn that smart playlists would show movies grouped in sets , but i have noticed (and i don't know for how long) that smart playlists no longer do this?
When viewing the movie library i can see the movies in sets, when clicking on the 'sets' submenu i can see the movies in sets, but when i have the movies in a smart playlist (and i am viewing the playlist) the movies do not group in a set!
Is it me or am i doing something wrong here? 
I have the option for "show movies in sets" enabled.

Thanks!
(2021-07-26, 16:16)Ratbag07 Wrote: [ -> ]i have noticed (and i don't know for how long) that smart playlists no longer do this?
I have a smart playlist for Sean Connery, with the 'show sets' flagged, I get the James Bond Collection as a set in both Leia and Matrix (in two different skins). I don't use this flag, as I don't want sets in my smart playlists and prefer a more 'exacting' list. Look into your Userdata (wiki) folder for guisttings.xml and ensure  <setting id="videolibrary.groupmoviesets" default="true">false</setting> is set for true.
Let's not echo messages unnecessary pls.
(2021-07-26, 17:15)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-26, 16:16)Ratbag07 Wrote: [ -> ]i have noticed (and i don't know for how long) that smart playlists no longer do this?
I have a smart playlist for Sean Connery, with the 'show sets' flagged, I get the James Bond Collection as a set in both Leia and Matrix (in two different skins). I don't use this flag, as I don't want sets in my smart playlists and prefer a more 'exacting' list. Look into your Userdata (wiki) folder for guisttings.xml and ensure  <setting id="videolibrary.groupmoviesets" default="true">false</setting> is set for true.

Thanks PatK, i will have a quick look to see whats going on there.
Hi PatK, 

the following line is correct (its set for true)
<setting id="videolibrary.groupmoviesets" default="true">false</setting> is set for true.
Sorry PatK, i noticed further up that i had a bit more information to add (and i mistakenly quoted my original message and edited it instead of creating a new reply). 

I have just created a new smart playlist and limited items to 10 (sort by dated added to create a 'latest movies" playlist). This playlist shows the movies in sets!
My other playlists do not show the movies in playlists (the only difference i see in creating the smart playlist being that i did not have a limit of items to the playlist when the sets are not showing).

That does not sound right to me. I will get back to you after i try and create one or two more sets...
Ok, i think i may have solved my own problem. 

I have created a new smart playlist (with identical parameters as my original playlist which did not show the movies in sets) and... The new playlist shows them in sets!

The only think i can think of is that this old smart playlist is very old! (i never bothered creating a new smart playlist when i have updated kodi). I wonder if there was a version of Kodi under which smart playlists did NOT show movie sets... (i think i remember about 8 years ago?). If so... my smart playlists must have been old!
Quote:Ok, i think i may have solved my own problem. 

Love it when users fix their own issues. Not sure it has much to do with 'old' smart playlists, I have plenty. Likely some sort of cache that hasn't been flushed. I do remember some sort of difficulties with smart playlists quite a long while ago, but the details escape me.

Thread marked solved.
(2021-07-26, 16:16)Ratbag07 Wrote: [ -> ]smart playlists would show movies grouped in sets
Check out steps 8 & 9 and see if it helps... https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/GUI_Method