Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xperience1080 official development is dead(?).. alternative?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems "official" support for Xperience1080 is done. There is no official release for Kodi 19. One of the last messages by the active developer at the time reads:
361667 (thread)
Quote:Xperience1080 8.x is for Kodi 19.x "Matrix" only
I'm not currently working on it, but there will be an official version for Kodi 19.x.
That was 4 months ago in the first post in the "official" Xperience1080 8.x sub-forum. Some folks have released forks that they say work with Kodi 19, but they are not "official". this brings two questions to mind:

1) Would one of the official developers of Kodi care to review and "bless" one of the presents forks as official? or
2) Does anyone know of an official skin that has the same "across the room" type interface as Xperience has? IMHO, no skin I have seen can match the "sitting on the other side of a room with a TV remote in your hand" clean style navigation that Xperience has.

Why does it have to be "official" do you ask? Simple. Some of my friends who are not technically savvy don't know how to add repos, add additional packages, etc.. I can walk them through changing a skin from the official list.. but adding a skin from someone else's repo along with any dependencies, way too complex for the average user.