Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Non-working library mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know if this is a known problem or perhaps an "accepted" one, the facts are these:

I usually do not use library mode (last time I tried was maybe a year ago in xbmc-xbox) since I found then it had very poor functionality and order when you have a moderately large movie collection. I tried today to use it and, when selecting "title", xbmc apparently hangs but after like 10 minutes, the listing appears. I think the reason is too big a collection (my MyVideos34.db is 5MB, recently cleaned, exported videodb.xml is around that also).

I think my movie collection is large, but far from extreme, and this behaviour is with a decent CPU and RAM (core 2 dual @ 3GHz, 4GB DDR2-800), it makes the library mode unusable. I am afraid that the limitations of library mode affect all platforms, but at least in windows/linux/mac there is the posibility of overcoming it with enough hardware but it is not so, at least not now.
I to found library mode very hit and miss in the past but I started with a fresh profile and re scanned every thing I havent had any problems since. It all works very well now but i still don't use it much file mode is not as flashy but less maintenance over all.

ps my video34 DB is just over 6MB so That shouldn't be the problem
Ok, I've just deleted my db files... re-scraping everything (thanks to XBMC-db and XBMC Companion it shouldn't take more than a few hours...)